Annoying ford bot

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Just curious, has the annoying canned response FORD bot on this forum actually produced a favourable outcome for anyone?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Not for me. They gave me a call, then proceeded to tell me to take it to a Ford dealer. I was like "OK captain obvious". I just ignore it now.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
They've been doing this for years now. I don't think it's actually a bot; rather, I think it's a low-level employee with a canned script that they use whenever they see a post that indicates a problem, sometimes with a slight text modification to acknowledge the issue. They usually don't read enough into the thread to really understand the discussion, and I've even seen them try to "look into" issues that the original posters have already publicly stated that they'd solved, or aren't something that Ford would fix in the first place. As far as I can tell, all they do is try to link you with a dealer, and maybe track the repair as part of a customer service metric. I haven't ever heard of them doing anything of real value for the customer that they couldn't get from a dealership in the first place.

I was really impressed when I first saw an official Ford post on a forum offering help to individual users. Now...not so much.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I have actually gotten helpful results on two occasions. In March, 2022, I was having difficulty getting Power-Up 2.5.1 (part of the Blue Cruise enabling updates that required the vehicle to be inhibited) to install after it had been downloaded. The Ford representative took my info and arranged for me to be contacted by someone on the OTA Update team who advised me I needed to have the parking brake set for the update to install.

Then yesterday I had this experience: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/power-up-4-3-2.17532/post-344379

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Just curious, has the annoying canned response FORD bot on this forum actually produced a favourable outcome for anyone?
Yep. When I was experiencing the auxilliary pump failure in my transmission they were helpful in getting parts expedited. In fact, I learned more about the status of everything from my rep than I did the dealer service advisor. Not coincidentally he no longer works at the dealership. ;)

Luckily my new service advisor is great.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
in my case YES i feel they did do something behind scenes. i lke to believe the ford rep here did do exactly what they told me via PM. i was actually skeptical at first , but they did do what they said, in regards to my battery issue , it came with the wrong battery as specified by the ford build sheets
ford did call me, and someone had talked to my dealer , because when i took it in to the dealer it was NO PROBLEM lets put in the correct sized battery as per directions from ford . he had a note on my sheet that looked like exactly what the rep had told me over the phone when they made the service appointment.
my dealer had never seen the higher capacity battery in recent trucks, but its the actual size specified by the ford build sheets.

i understand not all cases are resolved easily or at all, but the ones that are, we should give them an attaboy. humans are quick to blame or condemn, but very slow to give praise when due.
i am very happy it was resolved with NO hassles

Ford F-150 Annoying ford bot battery3

Ford F-150 Annoying ford bot battery

Ford F-150 Annoying ford bot new battery
Sponsored