Rear block install-tips?

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
I got some 2” Autospring rear blocks to install. I’m pretty mechanically inclined but it’s still a first for me. Any tips or tricks to make it go faster?
Sponsored

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Make sure you have an anglefinder and shim to go with it.

Its a super simple job. Check out some videos about rear block installs. Takes 15 mins.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Install???? Are you replacing the ones on there or what are you doing exactly? What vehicle?

OP
OP

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Install???? Are you replacing the ones on there or what are you doing exactly? What vehicle?
Yes in order to install the Autospring 2” blocks the factory blocks will have to come out. I’ve followed all the mods you’ve done to your truck, why is this confusing to you?

OP
OP

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Make sure you have an anglefinder and shim to go with it.

Its a super simple job. Check out some videos about rear block installs. Takes 15 mins.
What’s with the angle finder and shim? I have a front 2” level installed so I’m just adding some rake back in the rear. I didn’t think that would affect anything driveline related if that’s what you’re referring to.

Sponsored

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
What’s with the angle finder and shim? I have a front 2” level installed so I’m just adding some rake back in the rear. I didn’t think that would affect anything driveline related if that’s what you’re referring to.
Yes it will absolutely affect the driveline because you're changing rear pinion geometry by about .75 inch over stock blocks. Might need a 1 degree shim.

OP
OP

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Yes it will absolutely affect the driveline because you're changing rear pinion geometry by about .75 inch over stock blocks. Might need a 1 degree shim.
So I currently have .75 sag with all my tools in there and when my topper comes is installed it’ll sag even more. Does that not even the score? What if I went with RAS setup or add-a-leaf instead of rear blocks, would pinion angle be affected?Thanks though, I’ll have to look into this

Last edited:

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
I added 2" rear blocks to mine as well. Didn't use any shims or angle finders and everything has been fine. Advice to you is don't take the rear tires off. I did when I was working on the drivers side, with the truck in the air and I had some axle wrap and it was a PIA to get the driver side lined back up. The passenger side I left the tire on the ground and jacked up from the frame and all was fine.

Last edited:

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Yes in order to install the Autospring 2” blocks the factory blocks will have to come out. I’ve followed all the mods you’ve done to your truck, why is this confusing to you?
I was making sure that's what you were doing. My tips are to do one side at a time and go really slowly when you lower the axle. to avoid getting the leaf spring misaligned and lower it just enough to slide the old block out and enough room to slide the new one in. It's tempting to rush it but don't lol.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Advice to you is don't take the rear tires off.
One wheel at a time. Leave the other wheel on the ground to stabilize the axle while the other side is free from the leafs springs. Also chock the front wheels and don't use the e-brake. There is enough play in the driveline in case you need to move the axle to align the pins with the holes in the block while you lower the truck down slowly.

It goes without saying, just be careful is all...
Sponsored

Last edited: