Adjusting headlights after leveling kit

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I've got the quad LEDs and after installing my 2.5 inch level, I had to almost bottom out the headlights all the way down. I did this based off of putting up blue tape on my garage wall and matching before and after the level. I need to try the owners manual way but hard to find an area with a wall and flat space to do this.
I did a 2" level and same - had to bury the adjuster all the way to the bottom for both lights.
Sponsored

konoplya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
There’s instructions in the manual, it’s really easy and only takes a few minutes and a wall to park in front of. Took me a couple mins
its not that i don't know how to adjust the actual light, its how far down should i go, is what i mean. i have no prior point of reference unfortunately

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
its not that i don't know how to adjust the actual light, its how far down should i go, is what i mean. i have no prior point of reference unfortunately
It’s in the manual. You measure the height of a marked spot on the headlight, you park a certain distance from a wall, and then you lower the beam to a measured spot on that wall. I don’t remember it exactly but it’s all in the manual on how to do it.

konoplya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
It’s in the manual. You measure the height of a marked spot on the headlight, you park a certain distance from a wall, and then you lower the beam to a measured spot on that wall. I don’t remember it exactly but it’s all in the manual on how to do it.
oh ok gotcha. thanks. honestly, i probably won't even do it. drove around after the lift and seems fine. nobody flashed me yet lol

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN, FPD, CCSO
I did it on my 2023 Rattler after installing the Ford Performance leveling kit.

I went to the rear of a shopping center and parked the truck 25' away from the wall. Level ground.

Measured from the ground to the center of the headlight.

Put a piece of tape horizontally on the wall from the ground at that measurement.

Adjusted the headlights so the top of the beam was at the tape. Low beams of course.

Worked great and was easy.

adyaro77

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
From what I've heard, Lariat and above auto adjust. Supposedly, all you have to disconnect the ground on the battery before leveling the truck. Can anyone confirm this?
Suburban Ford service said the dynamic headlights do not need to be adjusted. I noticed no difference after my 2" lift with matching rake on my 22'
Sponsored