Sponsored

"Active Drive Assist" = Monthly Service Fee

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I tend to agree with everyone here in terms of the drive assist adding a resale benefit if and when to sell said vehicle down the road. My only concern with that thought however is that the hardware computer managing the information becomes obsolete due to it's chip set, meaning it can handle Drive Assist but not Full Drive due to processing speed and memory. IE Moore's law coming around to 'byte' us.
I wouldn't buy any option for "Resale" value. You can't even pull up half the stickers for used F-150s.
Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I am expecting to get this option and see how it works. There are a couple of scenarios where it might be superior for sure:
  • Deer situation - specially during dawn/dusk/night time
  • Empty roads in a long drive where focus can sometimes veer off just a bit
That said, I expect to be pulling a quite small 5th-wheel and the usability might be limited.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely looking forward to this so I can watch movies on my phone!

(kidding)

I really want to just play with the technology to see where it stands today, but will not be relying on it all the time. I will probably use it to enable a little more eating on the go, like on long road trips. I'm usually limited to finger foods like fries while the rest of the family is able to eat sandwiches with 2 hands or put condiments on. But other than that just some experimenting.

OP
OP

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
I read through the 2021 F-150's Quick Reference Guide last night and noticed that the engagement sequence for Active Drive Assist is outlined in the 'Convenience' section of the Guide on p. 16. It's written up as tho' the capability already exists; they apparently decided to future-proof the Guide. The Guide provides no mention of cell service being necessary for the system to function (unlike Super Cruise in a Cadillac). ADA is not mentioned in the new Owner's Manual that I could find, as only the Lane Keeping System is described there. Makes sense since the Manual is virtual and can be updated. Also, the color coding of the existing system will change when updating to the ADA system.

Jack

Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Has anyone found out about the fees for connected navigation after the grace period?