Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Have to ask the stupid but not quite so obvious question.

Have You checked to see the vents are selected on the screen??

My truck has on a couple of occasions decided to shut all vents off.
Defrost, Dash Vents, Floor vents all off.

Might have to go in and select the dash vents again.

Ain’t iffy technology great?
Just what I was going to say, sometimes I push the vent button and non are selected, once I turn one on, the air begins to flow.
Sponsored

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Damn, taking apart half the truck...

My AC freezes up too and I hope if they have to go through all this that they can get everything put back together with no squeaks/rattles.

How long was your truck out of service?
Dropped off Monday, ready by Wednesday evening.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Just yesterday I had the issue where nothing was coming out and the center screen selector disabled the upper vents. I think what caused it was when selecting max defrost and then turning it off, the system forgot to return it to the normal a/c mode. Re-enabling them on screen fixed it and then was good. Seems like a little software bug.

That's insane they have to remove the seats and console to replace that part. Can't imagine the labor charge when out of warranty.

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just yesterday I had the issue where nothing was coming out and the center screen selector disabled the upper vents. I think what caused it was when selecting max defrost and then turning it off, the system forgot to return it to the normal a/c mode. Re-enabling them on screen fixed it and then was good. Seems like a little software bug.

That's insane they have to remove the seats and console to replace that part. Can't imagine the labor charge when out of warranty.
Yeah, I was definitely surprised on what they removed as well. I was just glad they fixed it on warranty. It's working perfect now. It's sucked that it happened but hopefully if other ppl have the similar issue they can go look at my post.

jddorsey67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Sales
My 2018 is having this exact issue. I have an appointment on Wednesday. I have taken it to my local mechanic who has thrown his arms up and told me to take it to the dealership. I am taking this TSB and all of the the things that I have tried to the dealership. I hope they can figure it out because it is about to get hot in Houston.

Sponsored

FixOrRepairDaily

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost star white
I am having an ac problem similar to what people are talking about. I have 2022 lariat powerboost with about 700 miles on it. I can hear air is blowing hard behind the dash but I can't feel the air anywhere -not through the vent, nothing to the floor, nothing to the windshield, nothing to the backseat.
this happened in about 15 mins into driving.

Update: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/air-conditioning-quit-working-blowing.17605/page-2

Last edited:

ScottsXLT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I'm also experiencing the same issue. The temperature outside is currently 82 degrees, which isn't terribly hot unless you're in an all-black truck. After driving for about 15 minutes, the cab starts to get warm, even though I've tried adjusting all the settings to see if it would make a difference, but unfortunately, nothing changed. Notably, I wasn't in auto mode when this happened; I had Max cool and recirculate on. I even tried turning them off and back on, but it didn't bring any improvement.

Interestingly, when I parked the truck in my garage and came back after ten minutes, the air was cool again. Turning the truck on and off didn't have any effect, but letting it sit for a bit seemed to help. This issue began right after I had the truck in for its 10,000-mile scheduled service. I'm diligent about maintaining my truck and follow the maintenance schedule religiously. I have also noticed quite a bit of condensation at the bottom right tire. Next time i'll look to see if i have any frost inside but really seems like the vents are closing since there is not much air pushing out.

Rigs50

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 SXT
Occupation
Machinist
Mine has been doing the same thing for a while. Outside temp seems to have an effect also. Several people have told me it could be my blend door also, because when I take it from high fan to low, it slowly fades out to nothing, although you can hear the fan motor. So would changing the condenser temp sensor be a reasonable place to start? I’m not scared to disassemble the dash, or even a work around with a different temp probe if that would work.
Sponsored