First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Have had my ‘22 platinum about a week and a half now. I absolutely love it so far.

Just wondering, I haven’t noticed anything on the big center screen, that would indicate that I have a text message? My ‘19 K.R. would show a lil envelope letting you know you have a text message when starting up the vehicle. I can’t seem to find anything like that in this one???? Hard to believe they’d eliminate something like that with all the improvements in this new set up??

Also, the ‘19 had a “mute button” on the steering wheel to quickly silence the radio. I can’t seem to find anything to do that in my ‘22. Again I simple small thing, that I can’t seem to find in this one???? Am I just missing these things? Or don’t know how to operate the new tech? Or did they eliminate them?

And one last thing, I was trying blue cruise, and it worked wonderfully. Only thing, the tachometer is not displayed during the blue cruise. Is there a way to display the tachometer during blue cruise? Or is that just how it is..no tach shown during Hands Free?

Thanks in advance for any input guys.
Sponsored

Last edited:

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I believe there is a setting to have texts pop up if you're not using Android Auto or Apple Carplay. I belive there is also a setting within Android Auto, but you have to be on the AA screen for it to pop up (my experience). Can't speak to Carplay if you're an Apple guy.

I think your mute button is going to be either the audio power button or play/pause button, depending on the source. I've found the power audio turns off and back on very quickly with the power button, so it is equivalent to mute for me.

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
I believe there is a setting to have texts pop up if you're not using Android Auto or Apple Carplay. I belive there is also a setting within Android Auto, but you have to be on the AA screen for it to pop up (my experience). Can't speak to Carplay if you're an Apple guy.

I think your mute button is going to be either the audio power button or play/pause button, depending on the source. I've found the power audio turns off and back on very quickly with the power button, so it is equivalent to mute for me.

Thanks for the response. Ya I’m not using apple car play at all, so I was meaning a lil icon(envelope) that shows there is a text there on your phone that you haven’t opened, since you last turned off the vehicle. To be clear, if I’m driving it’ll bing and show a text just came in, but I’m meaning just a lil
envelope Icon on the screen letting me know there’s a message there that I haven’t checked(I leave my phone in the vehicle when I’m in the gym, and when I started up the ‘19 truck, it would have a lil envelope icon showing that a text was there, before I even checked the phone).

My ‘19 would have a lil envelope icon on the screen, showing that there was a text that came through on my phone while I was away from the truck(if I hadn’t already checked it). I know it’s a small thing, but it’s hard to believe this advanced system/set-up won’t show this?

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Thanks for the response. Ya I’m not using apple car play at all, so I was meaning a lil icon(envelope) that shows there is a text there on your phone that you haven’t opened, since you last turned off the vehicle. To be clear, if I’m driving it’ll bing and show a text just came in, but I’m meaning just a lil
envelope Icon on the screen letting me know there’s a message there that I haven’t checked(I leave my phone in the vehicle when I’m in the gym, and when I started up the ‘19 truck, it would have a lil envelope icon showing that a text was there, before I even checked the phone).

My ‘19 would have a lil envelope icon on the screen, showing that there was a text that came through on my phone while I was away from the truck(if I hadn’t already checked it). I know it’s a small thing, but it’s hard to believe this advanced system/set-up won’t show this?
I haven’t seen what you’re talking about, but I use CarPlay. I’ve never found manufacturer implemented stuff with phones to be very good. CarPlay shows me a red dot when there’s a notification

to be honest, it’s probably not on the new sync 4. It sounds quite antiquated. They probably didn’t feel enough people were using it to justify the programming to do it again

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
I haven’t seen what you’re talking about, but I use CarPlay. I’ve never found manufacturer implemented stuff with phones to be very good. CarPlay shows me a red dot when there’s a notification

to be honest, it’s probably not on the new sync 4. It sounds quite antiquated. They probably didn’t feel enough people were using it to justify the programming to do it again
Yes, this is not using the CarPlay. I guess they eliminated this lil thing🤷‍♂️. Thanks for the response Oxford.

How bout the Tach being absent during Blue cruise? Is there a way to have it be shown?

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
What are you seeing when you're using BC?

You should just be able to toggle your cluster view with the arrows on the right side of the steering wheel.

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
What are you seeing when you're using BC?

You should just be able to toggle your cluster view with the arrows on the right side of the steering wheel.
This is what I’m seeing. As you can see no tachometer. Was just wondering if there was a way to get the tach in there as well? Maybe there isn’t?
Ford F-150 A few questions. 2E5A9257-9BD8-4B8E-A020-F4C91AB0D3EB
Sponsored