First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I hate to be dimwitted. However, does someone have a list of step-by-step instructions of what needs to happen to go through a car wash?

Seems like we are potential victims of technology at this point.
I have the auto-hold turned off through the display. It will remain turned off the remaining time I own this truck.

It's a dumb "feature" as far as I'm concerned.

I took my truck through the wash without any issues. I did take the antenna off because I wasn't sure what would happen to it. My Ram didn't have an exposed radio antenna. I just moved from Florida last year and hadn't used a drive thru / ride thru car wash in 30 years. I guess I need to invest in a decent shorty antenna. I already shortened mine enough to get into the garage without it banging on the door.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have the auto-hold turned off through the display. It will remain turned off the remaining time I own this truck.

It's a dumb "feature" as far as I'm concerned.

I took my truck through the wash without any issues. I did take the antenna off because I wasn't sure what would happen to it. My Ram didn't have an exposed radio antenna. I just moved from Florida last year and hadn't used a drive thru / ride thru car wash in 30 years. I guess I need to invest in a decent shorty antenna. I already shortened mine enough to get into the garage without it banging on the door.
Agreed. IMHO, AutoHold is a totally dumb feature. Must have been some bored engineer. I just keep my foot on the brake and take my foot off when I want to go forward.

Dodgehemi0

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram
Occupation
Military
Never would have thought about the auto hold while going through a car wash.
Thanks

F150 4X4

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Will it be possible to put in our own back ground screen on the 12in. display like I can on my 2015 ?

OP
OP
Wilsons66605

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Will it be possible to put in our own back ground screen on the 12in. display like I can on my 2015 ?
No I don’t see where you could