Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I have a platinum powerboost
  • massage seats can be controlled with lumbar support button on seat
  • when i turn my fancy headlights on, they go through motions as if it were rolling its eyes.
  • the shape of front door windows are much different
  • a Leer 2020 bed cover fits great.
  • if going through a pull through car wash, don’t have the automatic hold turned on.
Sponsored

Mast2Beam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Interesting points!

Are the auto exterior lights and dash lights linked to come on at the same time?
t’s always been a pet peeve of mine on my ‘09 where the auto exterior lights are on but the dash lights weren’t. I’d have to cover the sensor to try and “trick” it.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Interesting points!

Are the auto exterior lights and dash lights linked to come on at the same time?
t’s always been a pet peeve of mine on my ‘09 where the auto exterior lights are on but the dash lights weren’t. I’d have to cover the sensor to try and “trick” it.
At that trim the gauges are a screen so the light is always on. There are brighten and dim buttons for it down to the left of the steering column.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Can the color of the "avatar" truck that appears on the instrument cluster be changed? I'd kind of like to have it be my truck's color.

Also have your auto wipers turned off going through car washes.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
if going through a pull through car wash, don’t have the automatic hold turned on.
Good to know! May create some havoc in the car wash if you didn't know otherwise.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Can the color of the "avatar" truck that appears on the instrument cluster be changed? I'd kind of like to have it be my truck's color.

I’ve played with the instrument cluster pretty extensively and I have not come across an option to change the color of the avatar truck.

OP
OP
Wilsons66605

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

The avatar only changes based on driving mode.
wipers have not gone on during carwash. I haven’t had them go on during rain either!

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz

massage seats can be controlled with lumbar support button on seat

when i turn my fancy headlights on, they go through motions as if it were rolling its eyes.

the shape of front door windows are much different

a Leer 2020 bed cover fits great.

if going through a pull through car wash, don’t have the automatic hold turned on.
Yep. I learned the hard way about the car wash. The people in front and behind me weren't happy when the staff had to hit the emergency shut off and the guy was yelling at me to put it in neutral and get my foot off the brake! I didn't know what to do! Finally I saw a little message on my screen to hit the manual button and I got 30 minutes of neutral. Is there a different way I should do that? Also, do you all turn off your engine after you are in neutral in the car wash? The owner's manual mentions the 30 minute rolling neutral feature and as an example when you engage it and turn your power off for a car wash. I have never turned my vehicle off in an autocarwash with any of my vehicles.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Yep. I learned the hard way about the car wash. The people in front and behind me weren't happy when the staff had to hit the emergency shut off and the guy was yelling at me to put it in neutral and get my foot off the brake! I didn't know what to do! Finally I saw a little message on my screen to hit the manual button and I got 30 minutes of neutral. Is there a different way I should do that? Also, do you all turn off your engine after you are in neutral in the car wash? The owner's manual mentions the 30 minute rolling neutral feature and as an example when you engage it and turn your power off for a car wash. I have never turned my vehicle off in an autocarwash with any of my vehicles.

massage seats can be controlled with lumbar support button on seat

when i turn my fancy headlights on, they go through motions as if it were rolling its eyes.

the shape of front door windows are much different

a Leer 2020 bed cover fits great.

what model of leer cover do you have? How water resistant is it going through a car wash?

OP
OP
Wilsons66605

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
what model of leer cover do you have? How water resistant is it going through a car wash?
F150 HF650M
It stays dry except for the tailgate area. I will add a seal around the tailgate when it warms up. The seal is a must if you want to keep dust out also.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Damn that sucks. I never turn off the engine either. Just put it in neutral.
When you get the chance can you please share a picture of that button you need to press before going in the car wash.

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
Damn that sucks. I never turn off the engine either. Just put it in neutral.
When you get the chance can you please share a picture of that button you need to press before going in the car wash.
So here is the message I noticed, then I pushed manual, then the subsequent message. And to get the shifter to move again at the end of the car wash you have to apply the brake to release, then shift into drive. So time it well with the roller under your tire :)
Ford F-150 A few things you won’t see covered in YouTube reviews tempImagelkABpS
Ford F-150 A few things you won’t see covered in YouTube reviews tempImagediGlqu
Ford F-150 A few things you won’t see covered in YouTube reviews tempImageW0NkNE

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
So here is the message I noticed, then I pushed manual, then the subsequent message. And to get the shifter to move again at the end of the car wash you have to apply the brake to release, then shift into drive. So time it well with the roller under your tire :)
tempImagelkABpS.png
tempImagediGlqu.png
tempImageW0NkNE.png
Thanks for the info. Not sure if it will be the same situation for my truck as I cancelled the sport mode option to avoid the new fold down shifter, I have the classic column shifter instead

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
There is an option to turn off auto hold, I believe it's the first slider under Driver Assistance.

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Also for Powerboost model, when you switch to "EV coach" on the dash, you can see how your throttle position relative to the electric to gas transition. In other words, by looking at the gauge, you can modulate your gas paddle to try to keep the truck in EV mode a bit longer before it transitioned to gas power.
Sponsored

Last edited: