Sponsored

3D Printed Rear Camera Mount

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Previous truck I had brand new got rear ended before I even put a tank of gas in it. Lucky the guy behind me owned up, but since then I've always installed dash cams, so new truck new dash cam... Front and rear facing, but I didn't want the rear offset, think it looks weird but couldn't stick it to middle because window moved, so....

Kind of a dumb little thing I made for myself, but wondering if anyone else has any 3D printing things going on. Probably going to make a cup holder adapter to hold hydroflasks.
Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Previous truck I had brand new got rear ended before I even put a tank of gas in it. Lucky the guy behind me owned up, but since then I've always installed dash cams, so new truck new dash cam... Front and rear facing, but I didn't want the rear offset, think it looks weird but couldn't stick it to middle because window moved, so....

Kind of a dumb little thing I made for myself, but wondering if anyone else has any 3D printing things going on. Probably going to make a cup holder adapter to hold hydroflasks.
How does the wire do during the window movement

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I've got a few 3D printed items for the F150, I'm sure a few more will be coming as work slows down.

A drop-in work surface for those of us who bought a truck off the lots and couldn't get a work surface:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4896557

And a filler for the shifter fold down cubby so you can use the flat surface for something else. I put a magsafe charger there:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4938214

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Nice stuff, guys!

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer

I had the same issue with my Colorado. See my solution. You can probably do something similar.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3170787
My new dash cam came with a bracket that let me mount it to my f150 without having to 3d print anything.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/dashcam-review-vantop-h612.2189/post-32838

Last edited:

Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I've got a few 3D printed items for the F150, I'm sure a few more will be coming as work slows down.

A drop-in work surface for those of us who bought a truck off the lots and couldn't get a work surface:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4896557

And a filler for the shifter fold down cubby so you can use the flat surface for something else. I put a magsafe charger there:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4938214
Please Share photos of your 3d parts in your truck.

OP
OP
nearly

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Few more 3D Prints.

Cup holder to hold my 40oz hydro flask. I hate putting it in the seat and having it roll around and it's too big to really go anywhere else well.

Kind of just staged here for the photo, I prefer it in the center console ones. Unsure how it'd do off-roading or something would probably need to be made taller. I tow/put stuff in the bed so fine for me...

Ford F-150 3D Printed Rear Camera Mount IMG_1455.JPG

Made a Magsafe charger that takes the spot of the dovetail weird phone holder thing. Probably should have printed it in black but I was prototyping and wasn't sure how I'd like it. Initially tried replicating the factory slanted one that goes in the front but that's a huge block of space it takes up. Prefer this. Also I've cleaned up the wires, pinning them against the bulkhead.

I've got an iPhone 12 Pro Max w/ the Leather Apple case and the slide closes, so should fit most...

Ford F-150 3D Printed Rear Camera Mount IMG_1471

Ford F-150 3D Printed Rear Camera Mount IMG_1472

Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Are you selling the large water bottle holder?

OP
OP
nearly

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Are you selling the large water bottle holder?
Haven't really been selling anything. Just threw it up here to spark some ideas. I ended up making it modular somewhat like this. So the top unscrews. Can keep different sizes for the top part depending on bottle diameter.

Ford F-150 3D Printed Rear Camera Mount 1644202548043

Can you share the STL? Been looking for a Mount like this.
Added it. I ended up making two, one that has a vertical face and one with a horizontal face. Depending on your rear dash cam you might want one more than the other. My lens is close enough to the mount that if I do the vertical mount you can see it in the recording.

Attachments

Atomic92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Haven't really been selling anything. Just threw it up here to spark some ideas. I ended up making it modular somewhat like this. So the top unscrews. Can keep different sizes for the top part depending on bottle diameter.

1644202548043.png

Added it. I ended up making two, one that has a vertical face and one with a horizontal face. Depending on your rear dash cam you might want one more than the other. My lens is close enough to the mount that if I do the vertical mount you can see it in the recording.
Thank you for sharing

the smaller part that goes above the trim and behind the headliner, is it stable enough as is or do you add double sided tape to secure it?

OP
OP
nearly

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Thank you for sharing

the smaller part that goes above the trim and behind the headliner, is it stable enough as is or do you add double sided tape to secure it?
No tape or anything, just kept in place by pressure. Slides into the space above the headliner and twists. I've only ever tested it on my truck so I have no idea if the tolerances there vary or anything.
Sponsored