• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2nd Gen EV Lightning Reservations

Lilwendal

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 HD
Hey guys wanted to pick your brains on a couple options I'm considering.
If you placed a reservation now. Where would that place you on a calendar for delivery? I believe Ford is stating sold out for into 2024. The next generation is slated to be available in 2025.
Do you feel it will be a completely different reservation platform for the 2nd Gen or just continue on with the current reservations? Where I'm going with this is I'd like to get myself in line for 2nd gen to allow me that flexibility to keep my 1st gen or trade into a 2nd.
Currently have a reservation I made on May 24th that I believe places me in the mid 55K range. Hoping for an early 2023. I'm pondering several different model options utilizing Ford Options financing. Assuming it's offered. Wish we knew more about the 2nd gen as that would sway my decision on Pro vs Lariat now.
For 100$ I'm thinking of dropping a second reservation now. Too soon?
Thoughts?
Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I feel like any reservation today would put you in line for a delivery in 2024.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Keep in mind that the 2nd gen is planned for model year 2026 (so late 2025, not beginning of 2025). Given it is supposed to be a ground up redesign for an EV truck, I would expect that it would have a completely different reservation line and you won't see roll over.

As for where the line is now, that all depends on conversion rate and build rate. Ford said they expect they are sold out of 2022 and 2023 models, but that assumes a conversion rate of something like 70% to 75% (guessing a build numbers, we don't have a target for 2022). If the conversion rate is lower, that existing reservations we go quicker.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
I'll throw out a way to do it for free. Place a second order now with your local dealer and put up $100. Then, call the Ford 800 number and switch the new reservation to a different dealer. Done.

Your original $100 is refunded by the first dealer, and it isn't likely that the second dealer will ask for $100. It is up to the second dealer to ask for the deposit. I accidentally found out about this when I reserved a Bronco.
Sponsored