• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Found a 2nd Gen Lightning (ICE) in my neighborhood

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I snapped a picture of this mint-condition, 2nd gen F-150 Lightning in my neighborhood and thought this forum would enjoy it. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the stepside bed, but do like the 2nd-gen Lightning emblem much better than the electric's version.

Ford F-150 Lightning Found a 2nd Gen Lightning (ICE) in my neighborhood 20210620_100242
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Very nice! Always loved the 2nd gen Lightning, they are holding their values fairly well.

Ford should consider a Single Cab EV

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ahhhhh yes! A real OG Ford F-150 Lightning. The same color as the one driven by Paul Walker in the original The Fast and the Furious.

Hate to get on a soap box, but the 00's F-150 Lightnings and the first (three) Fast and the Furious movies were the best! Now we got space age EV tech going into this new F-150 Lightning, and the newest FNF film is shooting cars into space! How times have changed.........

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I think the F-150 Lightning is never going to be the stuff of million dollar collectibles and drivable collector cars … therefore I conclude the Lightning will certainly be exactly the right stuff of million dollar collectibles.

Footnote: I drove one circa 2005 (as a "shop truck" owned by a friend who wanted to sell it because it was too expensive and nice for work) and I was too stupid to buy it and keep it. So, yay, I kept my supercharged Chevy Tahoe and drove that another 150K miles … and its resale value is the Whipple blower and the floor mats … : )

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I think the F-150 Lightning is never going to be the stuff of million dollar collectibles and drivable collector cars … therefore I conclude the Lightning will certainly be exactly the right stuff of million dollar collectibles.

Footnote: I drove one circa 2005 (as a "shop truck" owned by a friend who wanted to sell it because it was too expensive and nice for work) and I was too stupid to buy it and keep it. So, yay, I kept my supercharged Chevy Tahoe and drove that another 150K miles … and its resale value is the Whipple blower and the floor mats … : )
I wouldn't say not a collectable, especially if Ford decides it wasn't a good idea to go electric or there is another tech that comes along better than EV. Much like the first Tesla Roadster is pretty much a collectable along with the P100 Model S.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Sponsored

agentorange

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Occupation
ME
Yeah lib logic like Twin Turbo V6's/Hybrid systems in trucks and DI :rolleyes:....relax not everything is political..
Relax? I'm trying.

I like the tech of the Ecos, I've had many and DI has been around for a very long time and I've also had many.

It's not political, it's cultural.... and it's a huge problem.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

agentorange

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Occupation
ME
Yeah lib logic like Twin Turbo V6's/Hybrid systems in trucks and DI :rolleyes:....relax not everything is political..
Looks like your president wants to make 50% of all vehicle sales be EVs within the near future.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Looks like your president wants to make 50% of all vehicle sales be EVs within the near future.
Well considering our previous President owned a Tesla Model S and loved EV's, I'm not surprised. We either lead the world in this technology or we let others take over while we sit and complain how so and so country is giving it to us with no vaseline :rolleyes: **GASP** Both Presidents doing what's right for the country.......imagine that......
Sponsored

Last edited: