First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Understood! And I see your point. I think headlights (and taillights) can make or break vehicle styling.

But at least Ford didn't change the overal shape of the lateral edge of the headlight by leaving this yellow reflector/marker light under the "T" shape. Does seem like an after though to me as that material doesn't really fit the "modern" headlights But it likely kept them from having to remould the headlight housing and front fender.

1b12e7e8ac749c7d0bf47996af0ac036x-jpg.jpg
I know a mid cycle refresh is the time to make massive changes but it just feels like they did something for the sake of doing something.

The biggest sin is that the XLT highs don't get DRLs like the 21-23s. That's such a shame in my opinion.
Sponsored

SingleSpeed427

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM REBEL (every option)
Bad photos and "prep" can make anything look bad. In this case:

1.) Truck has been just washed (probably in the crappy dealership car wash) and not dried so it looks dirty from the water drops/spots.
2.) All pics taken from the wrong vantage point making the truck look funny. (The camera needs to be like 3 or 4 feet lower).
3.) Tires weren't cleaned and are in the sun, with the water still on them, makes them look bad (same with wet wheels and sun shining on them).
4.) Poor quality pics... looks like they were taken with a 15 year old cell phone. lol

Their "360" view looks a little better (maybe same pics, but slightly better quality): https://www.suburbanfordofwaterford...d-F-150--367f675a0a0e094a3fca6bf513fe2640.htm

I'm still looking forward to my build. I think Atlas+Chrome might look better (the blues with the BAP always look odd to me for some reason. Maybe I'm just old at heart. lol

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
The biggest sin is that the XLT highs don't get DRLs like the 21-23s. That's such a shame in my opinion.
That's the Lightning DRL design right? Why would we want to represent lack of range and towing ability to the world? Shouldn't the Lightning want our DRLs?

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
That's the Lightning DRL design right? Why would we want to represent lack of range and towing ability to the world? Shouldn't the Lightning want our DRLs?
No, the simple elongated C shape that goes from the headlight down to the fog on the 21-23s is gone for the XLTs.

With the new raccoon grill you just get a dash style DRL in-between the high & low beam. The style on the OPs truck is only available on lariats.
Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) 2024

The lighting has the light that crosses across the grille that connects the headlights.
Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) lightin

and the 21-23 XLT 302a
Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) 2023

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
You're right. Here's what mine would look like as a '24

Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) XLT.JPG

I kinda like my old lights better I think. Bumper is different too with the black line across. Fog lights too.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I’m good with mine

Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) IMG_1441

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
No, the simple elongated C shape that goes from the headlight down to the fog on the 21-23s is gone for the XLTs.

With the new raccoon grill you just get a dash style DRL in-between the high & low beam. The style on the OPs truck is only available on lariats.

WOW!! I know I can't be the only freak out there that has actually purchased a vehicle based on the DRL on the front. Ever since AUDI popularized the fancy DRL on cars I can't get enough of them. I think they're the coolest change on vehicles in the last 10+ years.

before my lightning I had 2021 fully loaded 302A and I loved the headlights on them. Absolutely would not have purchased the truck without the headlights.

So I guess Ford is just pushing people like me up to the higher trims but the problem is I may not have been able to afford a Lariat so then I would have to wait or shop a different brand.

This is a good shot of the 2024 DRL on a Lariat. They've massacred the XLTs.

Side note: I got a Lightning now and I think it's a little weird that the DRL on the non-EV trucks look a little better.. IMO.. I like mine at night but during the day it's really lackluster.

Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) 1710783386002-qo

Last edited:

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Just thought y'all might find it funny I texted my brother a picture of the 2024 with DRL on and he said "Looks like Toyota lights..." lol

He's a 2018 F150 owner.

Sponsored

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Just thought y'all might find it funny I texted my brother a picture of the 2024 with DRL on and he said "Looks like Toyota lights..." lol

He's a 2018 F150 owner.
Tell em some stranger on the internet said thank you for the validation!

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
WOW!! I know I can't be the only freak out there that has actually purchased a vehicle based on the DRL on the front. Ever since AUDI popularized the fancy DRL on cars I can't get enough of them. I think they're the coolest change on vehicles in the last 10+ years.

before my lightning I had 2021 fully loaded 302A and I loved the headlights on them. Absolutely would not have purchased the truck without the headlights.

So I guess Ford is just pushing people like me up to the higher trims but the problem is I may not have been able to afford a Lariat so then I would have to wait or shop a different brand.

This is a good shot of the 2024 DRL on a Lariat. They've massacred the XLTs.

Side note: I got a Lightning now and I think it's a little weird that the DRL on the non-EV trucks look a little better.. IMO.. I like mine at night but during the day it's really lackluster.

1710783386002-qo.png
the upper trims dont look too bad. Its not as good as before but livable.

But like you said, XLTS got hit hard this time.

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
An XLT with lariat wheels.....

Ford F-150 2024 Lariat at Dealer (Agate Black) 425444265d39440594aaefbc5a1ca197

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
I must be one of the few guys that like all the chrome. I dont like the all blacked out trucks

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
I must be one of the few guys that like all the chrome. I dont like the all blacked out trucks
On some colors it works very well, on others the old "Sport" package looked better. Its all subjective.
Sponsored