Sponsored

lrb_35128

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
The way I read it is as long as you ordered the two haul package your order will convert with the scales but definitely worth verifying with your dealer.
My apologies. I should have posted this yesterday, but yardwork & such kept me tied up until it was time to clean-up and take the Missus out.

Got a call back from my salesman at T&C Ford regarding this issue. He watched his management pull up my order and the first thing they saw listed was the Onboard Scales/Smart Hitch as part of the tow package. - Thus, my (still) unscheduled build includes the scales. (I ordered on 19SEP, w/ Priority 10. Was not scheduled in Job-1, and yet to be scheduled for Job-2.)

I can't (won't) guarantee any of you will have the same result. However, my case at least gives some hope the rest of us that ordered before mid-Feb will retain the capability w/out having to reassess and reorder.
Sponsored

spireland

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (planned), C8
Occupation
Medical Equipment
My apologies. I should have posted this yesterday, but yardwork & such kept me tied up until it was time to clean-up and take the Missus out.

Got a call back from my salesman at T&C Ford regarding this issue. He watched his management pull up my order and the first thing they saw listed was the Onboard Scales/Smart Hitch as part of the tow package. - Thus, my (still) unscheduled build includes the scales. (I ordered on 19SEP, w/ Priority 10. Was not scheduled in Job-1, and yet to be scheduled for Job-2.)

I can't (won't) guarantee any of you will have the same result. However, my case at least gives some hope the rest of us that ordered before mid-Feb will retain the capability w/out having to reassess and reorder.
I had the same thing happen, my dealer had to confirm with their Ford rep, I have a Lariat that is unscheduled (entered in January) and they were told that onboard scales, because it was part of the tow package at the time of order entry, would be included.

You never know, though that seems like the official line.

WhatsGolden07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escape; 2024 F150 Lariat PB (Ordered)
I had the same thing happen, my dealer had to confirm with their Ford rep, I have a Lariat that is unscheduled (entered in January) and they were told that onboard scales, because it was part of the tow package at the time of order entry, would be included.

You never know, though that seems like the official line.
The first post calls it out extremely well from Ford on how this converts:
• Stock Orders with the Tow-Haul Package will be converted from Job 1 to Job 2 WITHOUT the Onboard Scales
• Retail Orders with the Tow-Haul Package will be converted from Job 1 to Job 2 WITH the Onboard

lrb_35128

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Newface said:
• Stock Orders with the Tow-Haul Package will be converted from Job 1 to Job 2 WITHOUT the Onboard Scales
• Retail Orders with the Tow-Haul Package will be converted from Job 1 to Job 2 WITH the Onboard

The first post calls it out extremely well from Ford on how this converts:
Granted. However, Long McArthur (and others) in their messaging stated, "orders scheduled before 4pm on Friday, 16 Feb" would retain the Onboard Scales. - I felt it better to chase down a confirmation in the midst of all the conflicting (mis)communication from Ford (and affiliates).

Just trying to find the fine line in the gray area...
Sponsored