Massage Seat Screen

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
I noticed recently after several FDRS updates that when I turn on the massage function on my '21 Powerboost Platinum that the infotainment screen stays on the massage menu. Before I started the updates it would display what the seat would do for 10-15 seconds and then revert back to CarPlay, Nav, etc. Any ideas how to get it to act like this again?
Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
No but mine does the same thing and it drives me nuts.

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have seen the exact same behavior. The old way was so much better. Thought it was just mine.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
On MY22 the message screen has always stayed up, it would be nice if it disappeared on its own.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Same here with my 21 KR. I was stuck on 1.7 for almost a year before updates started to happen. I think it changed with 2.8.1 and now stays on without reverting back to car play. Annoying but liveable unless you do a lot of on/off with the message setting.

Sponsored

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
An update changed the massage setting screen from an overlay that timed out on its own to a permanent full screen. I'm guessing that some Ford VP's significant other kept complaining that they couldn't decide which setting they preferred before the screen would time out, so to stop the whining that VP told the programmers to change it to a permanent screen. Who cares what makes most sense, or what the the customers prefer.

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
ditto
mine stays on as well
press audio it goes away. but if you make adjustment its stuck on again it needs to be in a tile if not auto dis appear

Den

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Plat SCrew 3.5L 4x4 5.5 max tow, all gadgets
Yup. 21 J1 3.5 Eco Platinum here and after around update 2.3.0 this started. It'd be nice if they reverted it back. In my mind that would be "fixing what they broke", rather than "hey, I think people would rather have this overlay stay up until they re-select what they originally had on the screen"
Sponsored