John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum, 2021 Excape
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone,

I've got a problem with my 22 powerboost when on the interstate. When in lane centering or bluecruise, when I pass someone on the left side, the truck will violently brake. I can force it away (more left) and sometimes it won't do it. With an eighteen-wheeler it is every time. The best part is I just rolled over 36,000 miles a few weeks ago. Does anyone know what is going on, or is this an expensive repair?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I doubt there will be a repair bill because the dealership wouldn't have a clue what to do about it.

You might try changing lanes earlier, giving the trucks algorithm more time to identify the threat as not being in the lane you are in? But even that might not be enough since it's a common mention that the trucks' adaptive cruise logic overreacts to a vehicle in front of you turning, or changing lanes, no longer being a threat, but the truck is still responding as if it is.

Hopefully the rumored upcoming update to 1.2 will improve on the false alarm?

OP
OP

Blue2022

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I doubt there will be a repair bill because the dealership wouldn't have a clue what to do about it.

You might try changing lanes earlier, giving the trucks algorithm more time to identify the threat as not being in the lane you are in? But even that might not be enough since it's a common mention that the trucks' adaptive cruise logic overreacts to a vehicle in front of you turning, or changing lanes, no longer being a threat, but the truck is still responding as if it is.

Hopefully the rumored upcoming update to 1.2 will improve on the false alarm?
I was hoping the 1.2 will fix it. I've got a trip from East Oklahoma to Colorado this June. Doubt I would get it before then. My son will probably be laughing at me (he's driving a supercruise GMC).

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
What following distance do you have your truck set at? I found that unless I have mine set to 1 bar (shortest), it is slowing down before I would even get to where I'd consider changing lanes.

OP
OP

Blue2022

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
When I'm already in the left lane and pass several vehicles, every one (especially big trucks) it's going to brake unless I pull the truck more to the left. Come on 1.2!
Sponsored