First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 (buying soon)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff, One month to retirement
I recently bought a 2021 XLT, I was hoping for a Lariat but couldn't afford it. As I was shopping what to buy I drove a 2021 Lariat. It had power deployable steps with an exterior button on either end of the step. You could kick the button to deploy the steps without having to open the door. The dealership I saw them at has sold the truck I tried. They were unable to tell me who made the steps, they did not have another model with them. I have checked Ford and other brands like Amp Research without success.

Anyone know who makes power deployable steps with these buttons.

thank you in advance.
Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I recently bought a 2021 XLT, I was hoping for a Lariat but couldn't afford it. As I was shopping what to buy I drove a 2021 Lariat. It had power deployable steps with an exterior button on either end of the step. You could kick the button to deploy the steps without having to open the door. The dealership I saw them at has sold the truck I tried. They were unable to tell me who made the steps, they did not have another model with them. I have checked Ford and other brands like Amp Research without success.

Anyone know who makes power deployable steps with these buttons.

thank you in advance.
I just looked on mine and there is no branding whatsoever on them, so I can’t see from the hardware who makes them.

OP
OP
Hershal

Hershal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 (buying soon)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff, One month to retirement
Thank you for checking, I appreciate it.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
The amp ones look like they are all black on their website, while mine has chrome. So it may not be amp, or Ford has a custom version which adds chrome to the boards.

AgateZ

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Supply Chain Professional
The power running boards that come with the higher trim levels are a Ford product. The lariat I ordered doesn't come with then and I want to buy them separately. When I asked the parts guy at my dealership he was clueless. I'll be asking again once I finally get my truck.

Sponsored

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The power running boards that come with the higher trim levels are a Ford product. The lariat I ordered doesn't come with then and I want to buy them separately. When I asked the parts guy at my dealership he was clueless. I'll be asking again once I finally get my truck.
FWIW, in the previous generation the Ford power running boards were a major major project to retrofit. Much more expensive than aftermarket options. Most people went the Amp route.

David Adkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f-150, 2020 expedition
Occupation
Retired
Buy aftermarket from AMP. The new ones from Ford no longer drop down.
Sponsored