First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Atlas, 2023 F150 XL
Occupation
Industrial Fire Fighter
I am 6’2” tall so side steps serve the purpose of transferring dirt to my pants and that is about it. I took them off and love the look. I am now kinda worried without the steps a lot more stones and rocks are going to be thrown up at my rocker panels. FYI factory side steps are 20 lbs each.

Ford F-150 Removed side steps 75F2C150-EDA0-48D4-9AF3-660440C68C9F
Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Looks good. I'm 6'4 and actually added step bars; not for me, but the 5'4 wife and kids... Anyways, they're some 6" wide raptor knock offs and Im surprised the number of rocks that I DO hear hitting them. I can tell the difference in the rocks hitting the bars vs the body. Honestly, if you drive on gravel roads, I would add them back and step out on them, or get mud flaps ASAP. I feel your pain...

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Looks clean. I'm 6' but my kids n wife also use em.
I'm keeping mine as pesudo nerf bars for large rocks off road too.
Wanted the extended ones for bed access but not avail on Space White.
You can prob sell em.
Looks like theres no real strong metal in the step just plastic n some kind of PVC, LOL?.
I figure when mine shatter on first rock instead of body panels I'll upgrade to wheel to wheel nerf bars.
I dont think I need rock sliders. Discussed this with Stage 3 motorsports, very helpful. RCI skids more important next step for me since I didn't get Fx4, doing own upgrades.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
I pulled mine off the first night I had my 2021 home. I had done the same thing with my 2008 FX2. I am 6'7" and really don't need them also dropped my 2008 with a 2/4 drop. But my wife is not as tall and not planning a drop on this truck right now, plus I have 2 small dogs that get in and out of my truck often, so I decided to put them back on for now. Also since the truck is much higher than my 2008, I think it looks better with them back on.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I don't mind fixed running boards and steps, but I hate the power running boards and getting kicked in the shin.

Another advantage of no steps or running boards on your truck is being able to help the ladies into the passenger seat :cool:

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
At 6' 4", I thought about removing my running boards, but quickly realized that if I did that, I would "slide" out of the truck. When you do that, the side of the driver's seat breaks down *MUCH* more quickly than if you get out by standing on the rails.

Just my 2¢

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
At 6' 4", I thought about removing my running boards, but quickly realized that if I did that, I would "slide" out of the truck. When you do that, the side of the driver's seat breaks down *MUCH* more quickly than if you get out by standing on the rails.

Just my 2¢
i am of the same opinion, my drivers cushion got a huge beating in my last vehicle

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I also love the look but it does take a toll on the bolster. Still, I ordered my truck without. If it starts to bother me too much, I'll just buy some power steps or something.
Sponsored