Shawnmon

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
Hi Guys --

1. I was having issues with my stereo fade and tone settings. I dropped it off at the dealer who "tried" to update the SW, but I think failed, blaming it on their flash drive. Somehow it fixed the issue but now I have a USB Error stating the update didn't work. Dealer had the truck for 4 days, can't believe they gave it back me with USB error.

2. Driver's side window when I press auto-close would close then reopen about 2 inches. The dealer re initialized it and it was fixed for about a week. On auto-close it now closes then opens about 1/4". A couple days ago the window stopped opening. any more. The passenger window will auto-open but not auto-close.

3. Engine auto stop at light isn't working any more.

Given all the technology in these new trucks I'm starting to think the dealers aren't capable of servicing them. My truck has less than 10K miles. Typical wait time for service is 2 - 3 weeks.

Any advice fixing my window problem while I wait for an appointment?
Sponsored

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Hi Guys --

1. I was having issues with my stereo fade and tone settings. I dropped it off at the dealer who "tried" to update the SW, but I think failed, blaming it on their flash drive. Somehow it fixed the issue but now I have a USB Error stating the update didn't work. Dealer had the truck for 4 days, can't believe they gave it back me with USB error.

2. Driver's side window when I press auto-close would close then reopen about 2 inches. The dealer re initialized it and it was fixed for about a week. On auto-close it now closes then opens about 1/4". A couple days ago the window stopped opening. any more. The passenger window will auto-open but not auto-close.

Given all the technology in these new trucks I'm starting to think the dealers aren't capable of servicing them. My truck has less than 10K miles. Typical wait time for service is 2 - 3 weeks.

THERE IS A THREAD ON HERE THAT OUTLINES THE PROCESS.

ITS EASY AND WORKED ON MINE THAT WAS DOING THE SAME THING

GOOGLE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Stevenbm99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The window needs reprogrammed again. My truck did the exact same thing twice. After it was reprogrammed the 2nd time it hasn’t done it again. It takes about 2 minutes at the dealership or you can check the owners manual. I believe it tells you in there how to do it as well.

OP
OP

Shawnmon

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
Thanks guys, that fixed the passenger window. Problem with the drivers side is that it won't roll down any more, stuck in closed position.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi Guys --

Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and dealer information, along with some more details about your situation. I’d be glad to look into this for you. Thanks!
Sponsored