2021 F150 Door Lock Theft Issue

MountianMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just watched Demo Ranch's video on his Super Duty getting broken into. The door lock issue seems to be a problem on 2020 and earlier f150s also. Does anyone know if the door lock mechanism has been changed for the 2021s? I'm in the marked for a 2021 Lariat and am curious if the locks on these trucks can still easily be punched with a screwdriver.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Probably,

This is also a huge problem in the UK with Ford's Transit vans. Tradesmen are a huge target for theft because quality tools can cost twice as much in Great Britain and thieves are treated better than victims over there.

He's lucky they only punched out the cylinder, some clowns are piercing the door skins to lever open the control rods.

When traveling, I try not to stop anywhere I can't see my vehicle from. I have left diners where they wouldn't let me sit at a table where I could get a good view because they like to sit people all together late at night. I also try to park away from other people's cars because it gives no reason for anyone to be hanging around mine.

I also won't park with anything visible in my truck and not wanting some POS breaking my windows or door is part of the reason why I don't have tinted windows.

https://jimmijammer.com/JJ description, 103000.htm

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_nkw=ford+transit+door+lock+upgrade&_sacat=0

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Door Lock Theft Issue 92AB71D0-9507-4FF9-8D5A-3FB3B0D561EA

nukedukem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
From what I can tell, the 2021 door handles have a different design. They no longer have the bezel around the handle and the cylinder has a tapered exterior sheath
Ford F-150 2021 F150 Door Lock Theft Issue PXL_20210615_030739472
. Here's a pic of the driver handle on my lariat.

precab

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Fiber infrastructure
Great topic. I felt like removing the cylinder on the 14gen is the best option noting I have not had a remote or the backup keyfob every die leaving me locked out......however with so many ota software updates and poor oem starter batteries dying soon I feel like the options are limited.

I do suggest the Revelco kill switch plug as it is stellar peace of mind for full truck theft
As for Jimmy jammer they have not updated product to current models as a bad sign. The older model 250's were in desperate need of the jammer
Sponsored