2021 F150 5.0 Intake Howling sound at full throttle

Oscare

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0 3.73
I have a 2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0 with the 3.73, when I accelerate or floor it my engine sounds like it has a cold air intake, if I let go of the gas a bit the sound stops until I floor it again, has anyone notice that sound coming from your 5.0? Should I be worried and take it to the dealership, I only have 610 miles on it , my 2016 F150 5.0 didn’t have that sound. TIA.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
610 miles? Probably shouldn’t be “flooring it”
Years ago I went to the Arlington TX GM plant, before making Tahoes they made the Chevy Impala RWD and Buick Roadmaster wagon. As soon as the vehicle came off the assembly line it went to a "dyno" booth. The vehicle was VIOLENTLY ran through the gears, trust me after 500 miles you can thrash the shit out of them.

dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 1991 Mustang GT 2019 Expedition
It’s normal. Especially around 3200 rpm. I’m not sure if it’s due to the variable cam timing or just the acoustics of the airbox at that rpm range. Nothing to worry about. I actually enjoy it.

Sponsored

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
Years ago I went to the Arlington TX GM plant, before making Tahoes they made the Chevy Impala RWD and Buick Roadmaster wagon. As soon as the vehicle came off the assembly line it went to a "dyno" booth. The vehicle was VIOLENTLY ran through the gears, trust me after 500 miles you can thrash the shit out of them.
That was part of the test at the mitsubishi plant. (rivian now) Everything came down to the end of the line and was run up, some to 100mph depending on who was driving, emissions checked then aligned and etac (tranny in chryslers was programmed) was done. Then we would take them out to our track and first part of test was wide open acceleration to make sure it shifted at the red line. Then we double checked the functional items and shook the shit out of it to check for loose objects which you would be surprised what the line people would put in stuff.

Every car was tested that way until the higher ups hired a clown ex engineer from ford whose job was to cut people. He decided that everything was fine and if the customer noticed anything wrong the dealer could fix it. Needless to say his bonus was based on how much money he saved and surprisingly the place shutdown shortly after that.

MclainCollision

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 and 2021 F150
Occupation
Body Shop Owner
My 2021 does the same thing with the cold air kit. Idk if anyone has had one of these intakes off yet but I took mine off to port it yesterday and noticed it has no IMRC like intakes before. Intake has pretty bad overlap where the middle section attaches to the top and bottom half so it should benefit from the porting I did. Also after portion I got a measurement of 92mm on the opening where TB mounts.

Exhaust, CAI, ported intake, ported TB with shaft and butterfly machined. Can someone please hurry up with some tunes!

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Mine sounds like angels singing above 3500....LOL
Sponsored