2/20/23 - Build Week

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Got my VIN today on a 4x2 - 302A XLT - 2.7 - with a fairly basic setup - Bed utility, sport appearance, sliding window, locking diff. Ordered back on 12/2.

I was thinking of changing my order again to tweak it so glad they scheculed me so I can stop thinking of ways to change it :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Should I see my build week here? On the website the scheduled week is blank but I have a vin and that emailed that I was scheduled for 2/20/2023. Was I un-scheduled? I assume I cant get a window sticker until closer to the buid date?

Ford F-150 2/20/23 -  Build Week Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 4.00.17 PM

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Should I see my build week here? On the website the scheduled week is blank but I have a vin and that emailed that I was scheduled for 2/20/2023. Was I un-scheduled? I assume I cant get a window sticker until closer to the buid date?

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 4.00.17 PM.png
You should see the circle turn green when it is close to actually being scheduled. Right now you have a target schedule week.
The window sticker will show once it is being built. Cant remember if it is before or after blend
Good luck ,sit down and buckle up. It's a wild ride of wait . I'd rather be in a line at Disneyland

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I tought maybe this week I would get some 2/20 friends?

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Ford F-150 2/20/23 -  Build Week Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 6.44.54 AM

Ordered my truck on MLK day and it was scheduled for production week of 2/20 just a few days later! Dealer and I were surprised -- hope it's for real. I almost switched the order to a Lariat, but I just can't justify the extra $7k for 4A and power mirrors (the only two additional features I'd really like). I'll get katskinz and figure out how to add a Homelink type garage remote and call it good.

Very excited to get back into a truck! I tried my luck with a 2018 Tacoma and was stunned to find (after signing paperwork) that it didn't have CarPlay when low-end Kia rentals had it a few years before. And it was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever owned. I had to pull over and stretch every 30 min. on long drives, so I sold it.

Every third truck is an F150 where I live and people seem to really like them. Good luck y'all!

Ford F-150 2/20/23 -  Build Week Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 6.43.26 AM

Sponsored

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 6.44.54 AM.png

Ordered my truck on MLK day and it was scheduled for production week of 2/20 just a few days later! Dealer and I were surprised -- hope it's for real. I almost switched the order to a Lariat, but I just can't justify the extra $7k for 4A and power mirrors (the only two additional features I'd really like). I'll get katskinz and figure out how to add a Homelink type garage remote and call it good.

Very excited to get back into a truck! I tried my luck with a 2018 Tacoma and was stunned to find (after signing paperwork) that it didn't have CarPlay when low-end Kia rentals had it a few years before. And it was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever owned. I had to pull over and stretch every 30 min. on long drives, so I sold it.

Every third truck is an F150 where I live and people seem to really like them. Good luck y'all!

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 6.43.26 AM.png
@richardrocks - We seem to have a very similar path. I have a 2019 Tacoma now. It was fine for running around town but we bought a shore house and hour and a half away and the Tacoma is really not comfortable especially in the back. And you cant really put tool boxes in the back without fold flat seats.

I am same - 302A. I originally had a lariat order with blue cruise that wasn't getting filled so I placed a XLT order and saved about 13K over my original order. I am going to either do the Katzskins or get a set of Lariat seat skins from Ebay(they are super cheap). Only downside of the lariat covers is you need to spend a bit to add a fold out armrest to rear seat as the lariar take offs have that style rear seat. I am thinking about adding power mirros with cameras as the 360 cameras was something that I wanteed but dropped to get truck built(and cause I didnt need the trailer tow package which was a 'requirement')

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@richardrocks - We seem to have a very similar path. I have a 2019 Tacoma now. It was fine for running around town but we bought a shore house and hour and a half away and the Tacoma is really not comfortable especially in the back. And you cant really put tool boxes in the back without fold flat seats.

I am same - 302A. I originally had a lariat order with blue cruise that wasn't getting filled so I placed a XLT order and saved about 13K over my original order. I am going to either do the Katzskins or get a set of Lariat seat skins from Ebay(they are super cheap). Only downside of the lariat covers is you need to spend a bit to add a fold out armrest to rear seat as the lariar take offs have that style rear seat. I am thinking about adding power mirros with cameras as the 360 cameras was something that I wanteed but dropped to get truck built(and cause I didnt need the trailer tow package which was a 'requirement')
Awesome! I should mention that we are also planning to get an AirStream eventually so this truck will be significantly more suitable than the Taco. I didn’t like the powertrain / transmission in it at all, even though our Highlander drives fine with the same 3.5. V6.

Also great to hear that you’re going to add a few things to your XLT. I’d love to learn more about adding the 360 camera / mirrors. I may reach out at some point.

I know that the wait might be a little painful, but I sure do like Ford’s built to order business model compared to Toyota’s take what they give you and consider yourself lucky attitude.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Seems like a very lonely build week.. No one else got scheduled for 2/20 week today?

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Got an 'exact' date today 2/22..

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher

Sponsored

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey! That's MY birthday! I have a good feeling about your truck... 😁
it is the day I fly out to Iowa to pick my truck up on the 23rd. Just over a week. I am insanely excited again.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Got a window sticker today. No unexpected deletes... Just start / stop. Wondering if I get front parking sensors - I do have 'pre collision assist with AEB breaking' but not sure if that means I get parking sensors or if that works from camera at top of window

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My blend date is 2/22. It says “in production” and window sticker says Ramp R. As long as I have it by mid spring I’ll be a happy camper, literally.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Are there any later build weeks than 2/20? Or are all F150 orders basically being delivered within 2 months of order at this point?
Sponsored