Nukem1040

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
B&O on the headrests. I did the sound tests, sounds like my tendentious that I hear every day lol. Should it be 14 speakers?
I changed the Surround Sound fade to behind the cup holders.

Ford F-150 18 Speakers/Head Rest?? IMG_8059

Ford F-150 18 Speakers/Head Rest?? IMG_8060

Ford F-150 18 Speakers/Head Rest?? IMG_8061

GGGILLIM

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
With a well-tuned digitally processed audio system having many speakers you should not be able to discretely perceive the sound emanating from any particular speaker. The ideal is to perceive the sound of instruments / musicians arrayed on a 'stage' in front of you enhanced subtly by delayed and attenuated ambient (reflected) sounds from the 'venue space' as in a live performance.

Not saying that Ford accomplishes that, but that's the goal of the audio system engineer. Thus the signals broadcast from the headrest and headliner among others may be very subtle and difficult to discretely perceive. Those signals may be limited to certain frequencies and/or sound levels that aren't always present in the source material.

You might want to temper that expectation .... the desired effect may not hold the 'Wow Factor' you expect. That doesn't mean it isn't there.
That is the best explanation I have read about the B&O Unleashed. From experience that is what happens. Thx for that.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
That is the best explanation I have read about the B&O Unleashed. From experience that is what happens. Thx for that.
Good explanation but not what Ford... well... B&O really, accomplished. Im not an audiophile like many are claiming to be on here... Im 53 and at a young age lost a lot of my hearing on one side, I actually have to lift my head off the pillow if my wife is talking to me at night... with that said, 9 crappy speakers pointing at your face, 5 behind you low, near the bottom of the door and behind your seat and 2\4 non amplified tweeters, behind the cups of your ears is a horrible setup... and I can ONLY base that off my 2015 Platinum stereo system. I just sold it a couple weeks ago and man Im telling you, it was louder, better balanced, better sounding and overall a much better design and layout, in basically the same SCrew Cabin than my '22.
Today I was cranking Susan Tedeschis "Angel from Montgomery" on my 2.1 Computer speakers and Im telling you... these things sound better balanced and clearer than my B&O. I dont run my music through any Apple crap... just clean FLACs off a thumbdrive and its truly garbage. "Sultans of Swing" which would sound phenominal through a string and two soup cans, sounds bad in my '22. And I dont think changing everything to JL will help... I think its the way the crosover and tuning is done in the unit. Kinda reminds me of yester-decade when you saw your friends 'boom box' and all it had was a "tone" knob... and you're thinking, where is his 5 band EQ?????
:)

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I'm in same boat and I found that speaker test long ago when I added the icons at top of dash.
Never heard anything from the headrests or feel anything. Thought I might at least feel some sort of vibration. Bought the truck used end of April I might go look under seat and see if something is disconnected but I'm not really concerned about it. I do have the 18 speaker unleashed.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I'm in same boat and I found that speaker test long ago when I added the icons at top of dash.
Never heard anything from the headrests or feel anything. Thought I might at least feel some sort of vibration. Bought the truck used end of April I might go look under seat and see if something is disconnected but I'm not really concerned about it. I do have the 18 speaker unleashed.
The wires are in the back of the seat and plug in to right where the post slide into the top... There are only two main connectors under the seat so seeing if anything is connected there or not might be hard. Im going to guess you are connected... its just a pathetic tweeter with no power...
Sponsored