Sponsored

12” screen display help

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
Need help, completed 8” to 12” conversion. Changed to 12” screen in apim as built settings and display was fine but now on Home Screen, things are scrambled. I did by mistake upload an xl 12” screen profile (I have 21 XLT). I put old apim back, downloaded as built, then uploaded but still no luck. Any solutions you can suggest???

Ford F-150 12” screen display help IMG_3834

Ford F-150 12” screen display help IMG_3835
Sponsored

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
I checked and those settings are there, but I didn't reset. I'll reset apim. Attached is my as built for the apim

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
I dont see an attached abt file. Hopefully just a reset does it
For some reason it won't let me attatch my as built because of the extenstion.

Ford F-150 12” screen display help 1688418841177

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Did you guys need to replace your APIM when you swapped from 8" to 12"? I already have satellite radio and NAV with my 8" screen.

Thinking about diving into this since my heated wheel and clockspring are on the way!

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
Did you guys need to replace your APIM when you swapped from 8" to 12"? I already have satellite radio and NAV with my 8" screen.

Thinking about diving into this since my heated wheel and clockspring are on the way!
You don’t have to but you’ll never get the full screen update.x if that doesn’t bother you then no But you’ll have to do some manipulation with the wires to get the screen the power it. Needs but you could easily tap the apim harness and get that, 1 is white/red which is your power And slot 37 is grey/blk which is your ground.
@Geecheeboy_5.0
Start with 7D0-02-02 xxx0-xxxx-xx-- You currently have a 2 and needs to be a 0. That will remove the Climate bar.

Also need to change 7D0-09-03 xxxx-0xxx-xx-- You have a 1 and it needs to be a 0. This will fix some of the icon colors.
Which one is for rear view camera? I changed those you mentioned but did something and now my rear view camera isn’t showing as if it’s not activated.

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
@Geecheeboy_5.0
Start with 7D0-02-02 xxx0-xxxx-xx-- You currently have a 2 and needs to be a 0. That will remove the Climate bar.

Also need to change 7D0-09-03 xxxx-0xxx-xx-- You have a 1 and it needs to be a 0. This will fix some of the icon colors.
Which one is for rear view camera? I changed those you mentioned but did something and now my rear view camera isn’t showing as if it’s not activated.

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
The file you sent me shows your camera to be set to analog. Try changing the value below. Not sure how anything i gave you effected your camera.....

7D0-01-02 x3xx-xxxx-xx-- (Digital Camera)
Oh I wasn’t saying it did, it just doesn’t show anything. I’ll make the changes when I get home and let you know the results. It just started saying camera not available see dealership

Sponsored

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
You are probably better off loading a abt file from a XLT that has 12" at this point. The asbuilt you attaches is pretty far off. I attached a file, Change it to .abt and save it. Load this file in your APIM and see if that gets you closer.
Welp that didn’t work either, same result. I’ll just have to take into dealership.

OP
OP
Geecheeboy_5.0
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT w 5.0
Did the camera work after you did the 12” upgrade? It sounded like changing abt values made it not work but now I’m not sure? How is the camera Wired?
Initially yes the camera worked fine. I uploaded 12 as built that someone else here sent me and that’s what initially screwed things up. My dumbass didn’t save my original as built so had nothing to revert to. Got my as built from ford site and uploaded but that didn’t work either. That’s when i made post on here. I made changes you sent but that didn’t work either. On fb group someone suggest i get vin off xlt that came with screen to get things right, which i did and that smoothed everything out but no camera and that truck has rear view camera as it’s a 21 just like mines. I also came across a post on here where others with the 8” screen have randomly had the same issue post was dead as no one ever responded to that person but i asked had issue been solved and someone says know issue with sync 4 cameras and to report to national safety council for vehicles which I did . I saved current as built (since everything is good except camera) and uploaded yours, reset apim module afterwards and nothing (in regards to rear view camera). I went through every module to ensure that the rear view camera was enabled and it was in all except the ipc. I enabled, reset that module as well but still no luck. Truck still under warranty so I’ll let them figure it out unless i can come to resolve without having to take to them.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
You are welcome. Good luck.
Sponsored