Sponsored

Differences in 12 display between models?

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
A plumber came by with his new tremor, I leaned to see if there was factory uplifter switches (there was, there is another project) but I noticed just at a glance his display was different than mine. I have a 21 powerboost king ranch and little things were different (I am up top date). The temperature was is a box, actually there twice, the color of the font across the top tool bar was black all the way across while mine is blue above the cards and he had different cards. So is there different versions based on your model of truck? His just looked so much cleaner and modern than mine. Has anyone noticed little differences when comparing to other trucks?

Ford F-150 Differences in 12 display between models? IMG_0734
Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Changes were made to the layout of the display in 2022 to account for the removal of the digital display in the physical temperature gauges.

So while he got a cleaner looking display you presumably got the cabin temperature displayed via an LCD in the center of the adjustment knobs. Some like the former others like the latter.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
That's his Apple Phone iPlay or whatever it's called.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Changes were made to the layout of the display in 2022 to account for the removal of the digital display in the physical temperature gauges.

So while he got a cleaner looking display you presumably got the cabin temperature displayed via an LCD in the center of the adjustment knobs. Some like the former others like the latter.

Exactly, he's just got a good ol blue and red strip on his knobs. To make up for it they put it in the Sync screen so it can be seen at all times. If you really wanted it I think you could add it in with Forscan, but you'd need to ask the experts.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
To echo what everyone else said, they had to make the top bar slightly larger (so you technically have more real estate to work with) in order to accommodate the temperature settings, which were removed from the climate knobs.

IMO, I much prefer the temp on the climate knobs. My last car had it in a popup only on the infotainment…which is fine except infotainment takes a bit to boot up which is really annoying when you can’t figure out what you need to do to make the A/C go in a hot car

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I noticed some different changes as well on someones post here the other day. Mine looks like the one you pictured. What little I saw of the other who posted, I like mine better.

21 Job 2.

OP
OP

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I never stopped to think those temperatures where hvac. Makes since now. Honestly they said 71 it’s never 71 in Fl this time of year that should have trigger something there
Sponsored

Reactions: TJE