04/24/2023 - Build Week

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
I hope to hear good news by next week as Powertailgate and Moonroof will be available for the 05/29 week schedule. Have any of you guys got an update, sadly it's been really quiet in this group.
No updates on my XLT since April 27th; it’s still showing “in production” with the original window sticker no longer available. My guess is the delay is due to the 20” A/T tires or spray-in bedliner from the BAP, but no one really knows. ☹
Sponsored

Kam_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
In my last contact with the dealer, I was told that my truck has been produced, but nothing has changed on the tracker since May 3rd. I personally haven't asked my dealer for VIN view report but I have seen people on the forum getting their VIN View report from their dealer which I believe has better current status than a tracker.

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
I contacted my dealer who is very responsive but said that he has no additional info on his end either.

Rich_D

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ford F-150 04/24/2023 - Build Week IMG_7441
Picked it up Thursday morning from Granger and drove 16 hrs straight back to Georgia. I loved the entire drive back and only had to stop one time in 1100 miles for gas 🙌🏻

Ford F-150 04/24/2023 - Build Week IMG_7447

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
Congrats— looks great!! I’m very jealous since it’s unclear if/when I will take delivery of my F150.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
Unfortunately with no production or delivery date in sight and the extended production delays experienced by others in this forum, I decided not to wait it out. We bought a 2023 RAM 1500 Laramie which we were able to buy from a local dealer for nearly the same price as the lesser-equipped XLT after all of the manufacturer incentives currently being offered by Ram. Hope all of you with open F150 orders have better luck!

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
Good news… we’re back in the Ford family after we found out the Ram 1500 Laramie had only 8,110 max towing capacity. We ended up getting a great deal at a local Ford dealership where we originally placed our XLT order on an in-stock F150 supercrew 5.5’ 4x4 3.5L Lariat.

Geers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 502a powerboost
Good news… we’re back in the Ford family after we found out the Ram 1500 Laramie had only 8,110 max towing capacity. We ended up getting a great deal at a local Ford dealership where we originally placed our XLT order on an in-stock F150 supercrew 5.5’ 4x4 3.5L Lariat.
Have you heard anything about your original order? Like you my order has been stuck "in production" since May 3rd with no updates on the tracker since May 9th. I was initially told that they expected it to be built as of May 29th but that date has come and gone. My dealer indicated that they are still expecting the truck to show up sometime in June but no details of shipping/even if the truck has been built at this point. Of course the order was going so smooth (quick VIN, ahead of original production date, etc.) I sold my current truck - lesson learned! Almost everyone here posts a build date shortly after their truck went in production I have no idea what is going on (blend date on the window sticker also shows May 4th).

This is for a pretty standard 502a powerboost with 360 cam and 7.2kw pro power. No BAP or other odd options that seem to be the cause of many delays.

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
Same here. I didn’t receive any updates on my original order and the dealer had no additional info. That’s why we ended up buying an F150 from inventory. Sorry to hear you sold your current truck prematurely.

Kam_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Since it is coming close to June 19 (the expected completion date) given by ford chat, the tracker's "last updated" date changed twice since the last Saturday, a recent one today but no change in status still showing in production. I have some hope that the status will change soon.

Sponsored

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
My order placed 4/29, original build date week of 6/7, got bumped twice, finally to week of 6/18, but then last week, moved up, has a production date of 6/14, and i now have a window sticker with a blend date of 6/14, which is this Wednesday. So it should be built by Friday. Then anyone's guess as to how long it takes to actually get shipped to me in Florida. My build plant is Kansas City.

beefynutz

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 6sp
Hopefully things start moving along soon... Still no changes on mine since the last email from Ford saying they will update me in 45 days. The tracker hasn't changed since 5/3. Still shows in production 5/1. I can't even pull my window sticker anymore... Luckily I saved a copy of it!
Luckily I haven't sold MY only vehicle yet. Figured with the delays and some issues people have had with their new trucks, I'd better keep it until I know things are working as expected.

Geers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Since it is coming close to June 19 (the expected completion date) given by ford chat, the tracker's "last updated" date changed twice since the last Saturday, a recent one today but no change in status still showing in production. I have some hope that the status will change soon.
Well at least you have something - my last updated date is still stuck on May 9th. I was really hoping to have this truck to enjoy camping this summer...

Geers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well just to update my F150 that has been "in production" with no updates since May 4th just switched status to "built" as of June 19th. Talking with Ford chat it is schedule to BEGIN shipping July 9th.

It is painful to see others with similar builds get their truck in <2 months. I was anticipating the same and had a lot of camping booked that I will now have to cancel.

The one thing I wish Ford did better was provide more transparency on dates/status of the truck to give realistic expectations to people instead of just being in the dark hoping for a shred of info.

beefynutz

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 6sp
Got an email from Ford. I can't really say it's an update by any means...

Thank you for being a valued Ford customer. We wanted to update you again on the status of your F-150 LARIAT order. While we initially predicted your vehicle build would begin week of April 24, 2023, the supply chain challenges we’ve been up against are still causing delays in production that are beyond our control.

We understand how frustrated you may be (we are too), and we apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to minimize the delays and get you on the road in your new vehicle as soon as possible.

Please continue to look out for updates from us. Once your vehicle is built, we will contact you again. In the meantime, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

They didn't even mention a time frame for next contact on this email. At least the last one said 45 days.
Sponsored

Last edited: