Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Just recently had the Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit installed at my local Ford dealership. They were a bit harsh on the pricing as they charged MSRP for the kit, but with an abundance of FordPass points burning a hole in my pocket it ended up being much cheaper out of pocket than sourcing the parts and paying a shop to install. Set to 2 inches on the front coil overs I netted exactly 2 inches, I'm sure it will settle a little bit and I may measure it again after a couple hundred miles.

2022 F150 Lariat with max tow package, so it started with a little more rake than a non max tow truck.
Stock wheels
295/70R18 Toyo Open Country AT III
2 Inch Ford Performance Leveling kit

Clears front and rear crash bars, pretty close on the upper control arms, but still have about 1/4" clearance at the ball joint.

Before I dropped it off, stock suspension and tires. Sorry for the bad photo, didn't think about grabbing it until it was getting dark.
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20221228_164648

Lift Installed, stock tires
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20221229_132808

Lift installed with 295/70R18 Open Country AT III
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20230106_094521

Drivers side UCA clearance looking forward at full lock (right)
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20230106_115116

Front Crash Bar
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20230106_115145

Rear Crash Bar
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20230106_115152

Passenger Coilover
Ford F-150 Ezdaddy's 2022 Lariat 5.0 on Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit 20230106_115229
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Dealership did a pretty poor job re-aiming the headlights and said no need to realign the adaptive cruise control module. Now that I have the tires installed, I am going to re-aim the headlights appropriately as they are pretty low and one is a bit higher than the other and it drives me nuts.

As for the cruise control module, parked in the same spot I put a digital angle finder on it before and after the level and noticed a change of about .6 degrees (started at .5 degrees down and ended .1 degrees up) I may tinker with it, but it works right now and I don't have a perfectly flat place to realign it.

Speedo calibration was done using Forscan and Spart's calculator. Super easy and I'd recommend it if you have an understanding of how to use Forscan.

My numbers were as follows and certainly could be different for you.
BCM
726-15-01 xxxx xxxx 0Axx
726-15-02 54xx xxxx

After GPS tuning the second line changed to
BCM
726-15-02 2Exx xxxx

I have not done the PCM relearn as the truck drives/shifts fine and I have 0 fault codes. If someone can give me a good reason to do it, I may break Forscan back out and do it.

Kensretired

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
N/A
Just recently had the Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit installed at my local Ford dealership. They were a bit harsh on the pricing as they charged MSRP for the kit, but with an abundance of FordPass points burning a hole in my pocket it ended up being much cheaper out of pocket than sourcing the parts and paying a shop to install. Set to 2 inches on the front coil overs I netted exactly 2 inches, I'm sure it will settle a little bit and I may measure it again after a couple hundred miles.

2022 F150 Lariat with max tow package, so it started with a little more rake than a non max tow truck.
Stock wheels
295/70R18 Toyo Open Country AT III
2 Inch Ford Performance Leveling kit

Clears front and rear crash bars, pretty close on the upper control arms, but still have about 1/4" clearance at the ball joint.

Before I dropped it off, stock suspension and tires. Sorry for the bad photo, didn't think about grabbing it until it was getting dark.
20221228_164648.jpg

Lift Installed, stock tires
20221229_132808.jpg

Lift installed with 295/70R18 Open Country AT III
20230106_094521.jpg

Drivers side UCA clearance looking forward at full lock (right)
20230106_115116.jpg

Front Crash Bar
20230106_115145.jpg

Rear Crash Bar
20230106_115152.jpg

Passenger Coilover
20230106_115229.jpg
Tires make it look like you went from an F150 to an F250. Really stands out now. I didn't see it mentioned but did they recalibrate the front camera and realign the front end? I also paid the extra money to have Ford do the job (2.5 MotoFab) because I did not want to leave an open door for them if a warranty issue pops up and they tried to say it wasn't covered because we didn't do the job.

OP
OP

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Tires make it look like you went from an F150 to an F250. Really stands out now. I didn't see it mentioned but did they recalibrate the front camera and realign the front end? I also paid the extra money to have Ford do the job (2.5 MotoFab) because I did not want to leave an open door for them if a warranty issue pops up and they tried to say it wasn't covered because we didn't do the job.
Yes, after install they were able to do the alignment for me. They did not recalibrate any of the sensors or cameras, they said it wasn't necessary (they also didn't want to move the headlights down).
I have tested the adaptive cruise and the lane keep assist and all seems to be normal. I noticed lane keep while using cruise it favors the right-hand side of the lane, but I may just be noticing that now because I am paying attention to it. I can't tell if that is a side effect of the level. I will be putting a couple hundred highway miles on tomorrow, so we shall see if anything rears its ugly head.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Looks really good!!

Sponsored

Micale

First Name
Micale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Looks really good. How is the ride quality? Also why did you go with the 2” setting over the 2.5”? I have the Max Tow Package also and I’m looking at this suspension specifically because it has the 2.5” from lift option.

Micale

First Name
Micale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Looks really good. How is the ride quality? Also why did you go with the 2” setting over the 2.5”? I have the Max Tow Package also and I’m looking at this suspension specifically because it has the 2.5” from lift option.
Also what did the install cost you? I want to have my kit installed by my local dealer also.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
You know where to find how to level the headlights? Oh and how to make forscan changes for new tires?

OP
OP

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Oddly enough, I was just driving home thinking to myself how good it rides and how happy I am with the end product. It's certainly not a Cadillac, but it's very comfortable and most importantly, it took some of the float out of the ride which makes it feel much more planted on the road and in turns.

The dealership had done 3 of these that week before they did mine, I had asked for 2.5" and was advised that I should go with 2" and if I wasn't happy with it they would set it at 2.5" for me for free. Needless to say, I stuck with 2". I could be talking out of my ass on this, but setting the truck at 2.5" increases preload, which I can only imagine would stiffen up the front end which is plenty stiff as it sits now.

With it set at 2" I also have some room for squat due to a trailer or some crap in the bed, which is perfect.

OP
OP

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Also what did the install cost you? I want to have my kit installed by my local dealer also.
The cost to buy the parts and the labor at a dealership was way too much, around $22-2300. With FordPass points, it cost me $200 out the door. Without FordPass points, I would have gone to @Stage3Motorsports and purchased them there and had a local offroad shop install them. I think I outlined my displeasure with the dealership above, but they did a piss poor job, and when I went to rotate my tires recently there were clips and bolts and such that were not put back where they go.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
You know where to find how to level the headlights? Oh and how to make forscan changes for new tires?
Instructions for how far away from the wall and how high can be found in the manual. Basically grab a long phillips head screwdriver and open the hood, look down behind the headlight and you will see the adjustment screw. Painfully simple.
Do yourself a favor and adjust the fog lights as well, I didn't see any measurements or adjustment criteria for those. But those can be done by taking a screw or two out of the fender liner and peeling it back to get to the back of the foglight housing. I could be wrong but I believe its a 10mm socket needed. I attached it to a handle and just spun it by hand.

As for Forscan changes, head over here https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/ If you haven't done any Forscan before watch a tutorial or 3 to get your bearings. After that its pretty simple, use the calculator linked on the forscan spreadsheet and enter your tire size. Get a digital speedometer app or use Waze to check indicated speed vs actual speed. Mine was off 2 or 3 MPH after changes, but there is also a part of the tire size calculator that helps you adjust the inputs to get the correct speed. This part took me 3 or 4 tries to get perfect, but its mostly trial and error when dialing it in.

If you have any questions past that, feel free to reach out.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
Instructions for how far away from the wall and how high can be found in the manual. Basically grab a long phillips head screwdriver and open the hood, look down behind the headlight and you will see the adjustment screw. Painfully simple.
Do yourself a favor and adjust the fog lights as well, I didn't see any measurements or adjustment criteria for those. But those can be done by taking a screw or two out of the fender liner and peeling it back to get to the back of the foglight housing. I could be wrong but I believe its a 10mm socket needed. I attached it to a handle and just spun it by hand.

As for Forscan changes, head over here https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/ If you haven't done any Forscan before watch a tutorial or 3 to get your bearings. After that its pretty simple, use the calculator linked on the forscan spreadsheet and enter your tire size. Get a digital speedometer app or use Waze to check indicated speed vs actual speed. Mine was off 2 or 3 MPH after changes, but there is also a part of the tire size calculator that helps you adjust the inputs to get the correct speed. This part took me 3 or 4 tries to get perfect, but its mostly trial and error when dialing it in.

If you have any questions past that, feel free to reach out.
Looks like my biggest problem is going to be trying to figure out the right codes to use for the speedo fix with forscan :/ I can try but with two kids and everything else going on it’s hard to get time to concentrate haha

OP
OP

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Looks like my biggest problem is going to be trying to figure out the right codes to use for the speedo fix with forscan :/ I can try but with two kids and everything else going on it’s hard to get time to concentrate haha
It looks a lot more daunting than it is. What is your tire size?