Sponsored

Wet traction

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
When I went from my '13 to the aluminum bodied truck, I immediately noticed this issue. Never had to put weight in my bed in the winter until the aluminum body trucks. The rear end is so light now compared to previous gen trucks. Tires can definitely help (I had some Toyo AT IIs that were the absolute worst things on wet pavement I have ever driven), but even with good tires I still need to add weight to the bed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
When I went from my '13 to the aluminum bodied truck, I immediately noticed this issue. Never had to put weight in my bed in the winter until the aluminum body trucks. The rear end is so light now compared to previous gen trucks. Tires can definitely help (I had some Toyo AT IIs that were the absolute worst things on wet pavement I have ever driven), but even with good tires I still need to add weight to the bed.
I’m getting the feeling that this is my issue or combination of both

OP
OP

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
What tire pressure you running? That could also decrease contact surface with a harder compound
I’m at 35 now all around but I think I might need to drop the rear some as it looks like the tires aren’t wearing all the way to the edges
Ford F-150 Wet traction D98019D2-A186-4919-8ABF-8B1D036AC910

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I’m getting the feeling that this is my issue or combination of both
I would start by confirming that your air pressure is correct. I run my oversized tires at around 32 psi cold (mine are passenger tires not LT tires). Next try adding some weight to the bed to see if that improves things. If neither of those work, I would research new tires and purchase a set based on your needs. I'm sure you get a decent amount for your current set to offset some of the cost.

Last edited:

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
I have Nitto Terra Grappler G2 and I have the same issues with wet weather performance. I didn't think too much of it, but I stumbled upon a tire review and it reflects my experience that my tires are terrible in the wet and it looks like the Toyo are not that great either:

Sponsored

OP
OP

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
I ended up swapping the toyos for some falken wildpeaks and my initial impression is that these tires grip! Big difference from the toyos, I’ll add more later

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I ended up swapping the toyos for some falken wildpeaks and my initial impression is that these tires grip! Big difference from the toyos, I’ll add more later
I have those as well and absolutely love them.
Sponsored