Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Is there any specific order I should take with updates for BC? I’ve read the entire thread and using the document from the first page of the thread. I haven’t seen an order listed anywhere to follow. Maybe it doesn’t matter but wanted to doublecheck.

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
A hearty "Thank you!" to Jesse-Infotainment for sideloading my IPC and enabling me to finally update everything.

I too had to reboot my APIM after the Fordpass notification in order for hands free to show up on the cruise control option. Was a tense few minutes before I saw MikeYQM's post about the reboot.

This community is the best! Good luck to you all who are going through the process. Just take your time and wait the 10-15 minutes to "restart" your car between updates and hopefully everything will go smoothly for you!

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I always start with the GWM since that is the gateway to the rest of the modules. I just went down the list from there. But keep track of what you do as sometimes you update a module and it does not get reflected immediately in FDRS. Good luck!

Is there any specific order I should take with updates for BC? I’ve read the entire thread and using the document from the first page of the thread. I haven’t seen an order listed anywhere to follow. Maybe it doesn’t matter but wanted to doublecheck.

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Can you provide more information about your problem? Are you asking how to use FDRS? How to update via OTA? This whole thread is about how you update your APIM and other modules to enable BC.

Anyone know a trick to get the APIM to update?

Sponsored

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
I went through the process of trying to restore APIM with the new process Ford just released to kicking off the usb update from 1.7. I started it and went through till it asked me to connect the usb to the truck I said yes, I tried just using a USB C from my laptop to the USB C port on the truck as I dont have the adapter. It said that it cant find a connection so I aborted it. Then when I checked my version on the screen under settings it was no longer blank so I inserted the USB drive that has the APIM update and it started after 10 minutes. Don't know if it was a fluke but it worked for me.
Well I bought the adapter (5pin mini USB female to USB A female) and it also said it couldn't find it to make the connection. Software version still blanked and now GWM throws a U3000 DTC. So maybe I've regressed? Trying some stuff and will keep everyone updated

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well I bought the adapter (5pin mini USB female to USB A female) and it also said it couldn't find it to make the connection. Software version still blanked and now GWM throws a U3000 DTC. So maybe I've regressed? Trying some stuff and will keep everyone updated
And for what it's worth a few clear and resets fixed the DTC

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Can you provide more information about your problem? Are you asking how to use FDRS? How to update via OTA? This whole thread is about how you update your APIM and other modules to enable BC.
No I know, I have the APIM update on my usb, wondering if anyone had any trucks for it to recognize and get it to update

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No I know, I have the APIM update on my usb, wondering if anyone had any trucks for it to recognize and get it to update
Seems like a voltage issue most replaced their battery and that helped a lot with update reliability

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
A hearty "Thank you!" to Jesse-Infotainment for sideloading my IPC and enabling me to finally update everything.

I too had to reboot my APIM after the Fordpass notification in order for hands free to show up on the cruise control option. Was a tense few minutes before I saw MikeYQM's post about the reboot.

This community is the best! Good luck to you all who are going through the process. Just take your time and wait the 10-15 minutes to "restart" your car between updates and hopefully everything will go smoothly for you!
Glad I could help! Nice you got BC going. Enjoy it

Sponsored

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
ok I think you and I are in the same boat. Same model and trim levels. I think the higher trim models are getting more updates for Sync than we are.
Same here. I have updated what has dropped for updates and no GWM nor APIM update available to get the latest and greatest. 8" cluster, 302A, 5.0L with 360 camera and co-pilot assist.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-2117 TSB update:

The software FDRS has you download (the Sync Driver Installer) will run, but that is not all. It installs some software into C:\Program Files (x86)\Sync Drivers Installer\fastboot. Navigate to that folder and click install.bat. That will install the Ford fastboot to allow the laptop to talk to your APIM via the USB adapters. The USB part was sucessful for me, however the ethernet was not. Do not use a combined USB hub with ethernet, sync rejects the USB hub portion and I suspect that is why it didn't work. Get a straight up USB-ethernet adapter. I will acquire one tomorrow hopefully and report back. Once complete I'll create a full write up on how to do this (assuming it works for me....)

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I've gotten everything installed until the IPMA failed and now I have DTCs like a Christmas tree. I've tried to run it again and it appears to be running but still fails. Attached is a PDFs of a print out of all of the DTCs now.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IPMA Error

Attachments

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
Doing the GWM module update now. Everything that I've read has said wait 10-15 minutes after the truck says to turn vehicle off/back on. I'm going on 50 minutes now and I still haven't gotten the 'update complete' message. Is this ok?

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Doing the GWM module update now. Everything that I've read has said wait 10-15 minutes after the truck says to turn vehicle off/back on. I'm going on 50 minutes now and I still haven't gotten the 'update complete' message. Is this ok?
Does not always follow a time . Just make sure u and your Keys are away from it.
Sponsored