First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
I keep going back and forth on an XLT or Lariat. Can anyone who bought an XLT tell me if they have any regrets after having the truck for a while? Worth a shot to help in my decision making.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
The big difference for me is the leather seating.
Not interested in that at all so I ordered an XLT—-just a mid 301a
I don’t want or need a lot.
AC, Tilt, Cruise, and cloth buckets.
Hell, I don’t even want the automatic transmission.
The power seat and leather wrapped wheel were just pleasant comforts

OP
OP

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
The big difference for me is the leather seating.
Not interested in that at all so I ordered an XLT—-just a mid 301a
I don’t want or need a lot.
AC, Tilt, Cruise, and cloth buckets.
Hell, I don’t even want the automatic transmission.
The power seat and leather wrapped wheel were just pleasant comforts
Yes! I Like the leather as well...I hear you can have the leather installed afterward by Katskin for a very reasonable price and some even argue that its better than OEM.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
No regrets with my XLT 302A. I personally do not mind cloth seats so there’s no real reason for me to go Lariat or above.

The 302A gives you a lot of cool features and I personally do not need more than what the package offers. The only thing I wish I would have specified when I ordered is the folding interior work surface.

My engine choice was the 2.7, this coming from a former 3.5. I didn’t need to spend more on an engine that I don’t need. The nano 2.7 gives me everything I want; throttle response, very minimal turbo lag and brisk acceleration. That 2.7 punches above its weight and the cost is reasonable.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Yes! I Like the leather as well...I hear you can have the leather installed afterward by Katskin for a very reasonable price and some even argue that its better than OEM.
My brother did this on one of his XLTs. He was very happy with the quality of the install. Better than factory he said.

Sponsored

Bama18

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT SPORT, 14 F150 XL, 63 Galaxie 500 XL
Occupation
Retired
I had the same problem choosing between the XLT or Lariat. I choose the XLT with the 302A package, my wife likes heated seats. I saved some dollars also.

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
XLT buyer here as well. Given each trim has it's own "tier" of sub-trims at first it really had me scratching my head comparing XLT high to Lariat low, but my conclusion was the same as above - leather seats were the big difference.

I haven't had a car without leather seats in a long while but I'm over it - car seat leather feels super plastic-y nowadays IMO, I just don't see it as much of an upgrade over cloth anymore.

EOhana13

First Name
Eden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan murano
I went with the lariat pretty much because of two things. One was the ventilated seats and the other being the heated steering wheel, which is pretty nice up in Canada. Also the lariat only ended up being about 5k more so I said what the hell and pulled the trigger on a 502a

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
I went with the lariat pretty much because of two things. One was the ventilated seats and the other being the heated steering wheel, which is pretty nice up in Canada. Also the lariat only ended up being about 5k more so I said what the hell and pulled the trigger on a 502a
That's awesome. Great to hear from a happy Lariat buyer in this thread. Just to be clear just because I wen't XLT doesn't mean I think Lariat isn't a good buy - some other features you only get on Lariat like mentioned above, you can't go wrong either way!

Sponsored

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
I’d get an xlt but want/need power folding mirrors. Don’t think that’s possible with xlt.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Power folding mirrors and projector headlights were the big no go's for me on an XLT.. Feels like a step down from my '13 FX4.

Other things I think are silly are the no lights in the vanity mirrors and no garage door opener.. (these may be an easy swap out however)

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
No regrets.

Big differences that are apparent are leather seats and memory driver seats/mirrors/settings.

EcoBruh

First Name
JuKo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 3.5EB
Went with XLT 302a. My first truck, so I can't really compare it to past experiences. I was cross shopping the Lariat and definitely wanted that model. However, the dealer only had the XLT. I am missing out on ventilated seats and other nice features, but I'm also fine with saving the $5K.

I guess you just need to ask yourself how much those features mean to you.
Sponsored