Vin but no scheduled build club

Jrford665

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just wanted to know who out there is going thru the same thing im going thru.

ordered a 21’ F150 Lariat 2.7 Ecoboost with the 501a mid and sport appearance package. Everything else was basic. No mac tow or full recline seats.

ordered 7/24/21 and got the vin 8/2/21 but no scheduled build date and stuck in order processing.

anyone else out there with this problem?
Sponsored

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Me too!

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Just wanted to know who out there is going thru the same thing im going thru.

ordered a 21’ F150 Lariat 2.7 Ecoboost with the 501a mid and sport appearance package. Everything else was basic. No mac tow or full recline seats.

ordered 7/24/21 and got the vin 8/2/21 but no scheduled build date and stuck in order processing.

anyone else out there with this problem?
If you have a VIN then your dealer would have probably had an estimated build date. You aren't unscheduled with a VIN. You're most likely a minimum of 2 months out from the build date, but it can be moved out. There is no guarantees right now....

2. Major Milestones
Throughout the lifecycle of of order, these are the most common milestones you should be concerned with. These milestones may not be up to the minute in any tracker, and may be up to several days behind. It's not uncommon for a dealer to take delivery, while the trackers show "In Transit" or "Awaiting Shipping".
  1. Order is in - You've placed the order with your dealer.
  2. Unscheduled - Ford knows about the order, but hasn't assigned a VIN or a build date.
  3. Order Confirmed
    • This can happen days to weeks to months after you place the order with the dealer. It depends on your "Priority Code", "Dealer Allotment" and current "Constraints"
    • Ford has accepted your order.
    • Typically you will get a VIN (from the dealer) and a build week or build day assigned.
    • In Order Processing is another status at this point.
  4. In Production
    • Typically happens 1 week prior to your scheduled build day.
    • You Window Sticker will soon be available, if not already.
    • Sub-statuses
      • Sent to Plant - Ford has sent your order to the plant to prepare for your build.
      • Produced - Order has been built
      • Sent Offsite - Order needs to go offsite for installation of components not installed at the plant: bed liner, wheel well liners, tonneau
      • Released to Body Company - Getting one of the above things installed
      • Origin Received - Truck is being stored in a location while it waits on the next step.
  5. Built / Produced - Your order is built and complete. Internally the status will show the order has been released and is awaiting shipment.
  6. Shipped - Your truck is on its way to the dealer.
  7. Delivered - The dealer has taken delivery of the truck and will soon be ready for you to pick up.

3. Window Sticker
The Window Sticker is available about 1 week before your truck is scheduled to be built. The sticker should remain available once it's first displayed, but in some unknown circumstances, it may go missing for a period of time and then come back. It's unknown if this should be cause for concern, but doesn't seem to be an indication of anything bad.
https://www.f150forum.com/f129/guide-understanding-tracking-your-custom-order-501106/index10/

OP
OP

Jrford665

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you have a VIN then your dealer would have probably had an estimated build date. You aren't unscheduled with a VIN. You're most likely a minimum of 2 months out from the build date, but it can be moved out. There is no guarantees right now....

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/guide-understanding-tracking-your-custom-order-501106/index10/
Im supposed to have an estimated build date but they keep telling me that its in “order processing” and dont have one yet. Same with ford performance. Idk why i have a vin but not scheduled.

Sponsored

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
I received my VIN this week. Ford Performance gave me a build date of 10-23