First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
A few weeks ago, the driver's side (left most) vent handle came off in my hand when I went to adjust the angle. I was like wth! and just put it in the bin in the center console. After some hesitation, I finally decided to disassemble the left corner of the dash and remove the vent. I was barely able to get access to the clips without removing anything past the center of the instrument cluster area. Once I had the vent assembly in my hands, I was able to find the clips to take it apart and get to the front/main piece. I had to remove a couple of layers from the back of it. Then I applied some super glue to the connecting sides and waited a bit. Success! I was excited and reassembled it and all was right with the world.
The next day I got in my truck and went to adjust the right-side driver's vent, the one just left of the center display. The handle came off in my fingertips. It is currently sitting in the bin in the center console while I again procrastinate. I rarely touch these things, so I assume the glue in the factory assembly was sub-par or nonexistent and the heat is getting to them. I don't see any locking teeth or anything to hold it together.

Anyone else have this issue yet?

Ford F-150 Vent handles coming off IMG-3828
Ford F-150 Vent handles coming off IMG-3827
Sponsored

OP
OP
SilverbackHobbit

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
apologies for being off topic.. but i’m still jealous that some models actually include the rotary dial to adjust air flow unlike mine :mad:
So they are missing on your truck? Or are they not Included on some models? That’s crazy if so.

mrbuntman

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Business Analysist
Yes I had the same issue with my truck. I glued them and then decided to replace them while I had the dash out. Dealer said its a known issue as they had the stocked ready to go. I replace both of the center vents on either side of the radio.

Sponsored

mrbuntman

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Business Analysist
I have pics of the repaired ones if anyone also needs them.

Ford F-150 Vent handles coming off 71155635307__60EF6A7E-FB0B-4A70-8F69-378196C8392C

Ford F-150 Vent handles coming off 71150421259__64CB6668-F0DB-4A0C-B930-2D53F1317554

LuckyTrucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
Yep, had exact same thing happen on my '22 Lariat 502A. I bought it with 23k miles and this happened about a month or so after I bought it.

My wife was with me and she always has to mess with the vents.... every. damn. time we get in the truck! She was just adjusting it normally and the one to the right of the center stack came off. Then just a few days later I was moving the one to the left of center, barely touching it and that one came off also.

My truck was going in to the dealer for something else so I just had them replace both of them when it was there a few weeks after it happened.

OP
OP
SilverbackHobbit

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
Yes I had the same issue with my truck. I glued them and then decided to replace them while I had the dash out. Dealer said its a known issue as they had the stocked ready to go. I replace both of the center vents on either side of the radio.
Glad I'm not the only one. If that's the worst of it I think I'll survive. :)

David1234

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Same thing happened to mine.
I've got an appointment to have the dealer replace them in a few weeks (along with a few other minor repairs) under warranty.

Nmscuba

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150XLT
Occupation
Retired
A few weeks ago, the driver's side (left most) vent handle came off in my hand when I went to adjust the angle. I was like wth! and just put it in the bin in the center console. After some hesitation, I finally decided to disassemble the left corner of the dash and remove the vent. I was barely able to get access to the clips without removing anything past the center of the instrument cluster area. Once I had the vent assembly in my hands, I was able to find the clips to take it apart and get to the front/main piece. I had to remove a couple of layers from the back of it. Then I applied some super glue to the connecting sides and waited a bit. Success! I was excited and reassembled it and all was right with the world.
The next day I got in my truck and went to adjust the right-side driver's vent, the one just left of the center display. The handle came off in my fingertips. It is currently sitting in the bin in the center console while I again procrastinate. I rarely touch these things, so I assume the glue in the factory assembly was sub-par or nonexistent and the heat is getting to them. I don't see any locking teeth or anything to hold it together.

Anyone else have this issue yet?

IMG-3828.jpg
IMG-3827.jpg

Sponsored

Nmscuba

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150XLT
Occupation
Retired
What do you call that part and can you just order it and do it yourself?

OP
OP
SilverbackHobbit

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
What do you call that part and can you just order it and do it yourself?
The driver's side, I took it apart and glued it back together and it's still working fine. The left center one is now apart and I need to disassemble the screen bezel to get it out of there to try to repair it. I just haven't gotten around to it. I don't adjust them much when they're where they need to be, which made it more bizarre that it came apart for no good reason.
Sponsored