2024 Land Cruiser will debut August 1! + More official sneak pic images

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Pretty excited about this except for the price tag and Toyota support. 55k is way too much for a starting price. Not huge on a hybrid either.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Also, even though this is basically the Prado; the old split tailgate was a great design for hauling stuff. Same with the roll down window of the 4runner. This vehicle has neither.

Hybrids are here whether we like it or not. I’m actually more concerned with the high strung turbo engine. Toyota knows how to build a hybrid powertrain and the NiMH cells reflect a more sensible choice.

Everyone hated the Atkinson cycle V6 in the Tacoma but it might have been better as a hybrid and with a few more gear ratios in the transmission.

Hopefully Toyota will be able to make it more comfortable than the Ranger 4 cylinder which feels like shit on the highway when you are just cruising along.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Also, even though this is basically the Prado; the old split tailgate was a great design for hauling stuff. Same with the roll down window of the 4runner. This vehicle has neither.

Hybrids are here whether we like it or not. I’m actually more concerned with the high strung turbo engine. Toyota knows how to build a hybrid powertrain and the NiMH cells reflect a more sensible choice.

Everyone hated the Atkinson cycle V6 in the Tacoma but it might have been better as a hybrid and with a few more gear ratios in the transmission.

Hopefully Toyota will be able to make it more comfortable than the Ranger 4 cylinder which feels like shit on the highway when you are just cruising along.
The 2.3 Ecoboost ranger? I didn't seem to have anything wrong with it in the rental mustang.

The 3.5 Tacoma is just bad in terms of power and efficiency.
Sponsored