• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Upgrade Pro Vinyl Seats??

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I would guess they are the same as XL. I’m hoping to be able to swap power seats in.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I had a van with vinyl seats and they suck when it's cold and when it's hot. The only thing that they are good for in my opinion is if you own the vehicle but never drive it yourself.

It's really just another way Ford is hamstringing the Pro so that nobody actually buys it but they can still advertise a low starting MSRP.

One excellent hack to make vinyl seats livable are those wooden beaded seat covers millions of taxi-drivers use for all day comfort. Save your money for the next truck or the electric bill.

Ford F-150 Lightning Upgrade Pro Vinyl Seats?? 0526B618-C9F0-4D1D-AAE7-D77B58EAE08F
Ford F-150 Lightning Upgrade Pro Vinyl Seats?? AEA3CB17-56D5-499D-B988-E53874FB49CC

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I had a van with vinyl seats and they suck when it's cold and when it's hot. The only thing that they are good for in my opinion is if you own the vehicle but never drive it yourself.

It's really just another way Ford is hamstringing the Pro so that nobody actually buys it but they can still advertise a low starting MSRP.

One excellent hack to make vinyl seats livable are those wooden beaded seat covers millions of taxi-drivers use for all day comfort. Save your money for the next truck or the electric bill.

0526B618-C9F0-4D1D-AAE7-D77B58EAE08F.jpeg
AEA3CB17-56D5-499D-B988-E53874FB49CC.jpeg

I don’t think it’ll be likely but it would be awesome if the vinyl on the pro was similar to the marine grade vinyl on the broncos. I had that in mine and it was better than leather… here’s to wishful thinking..

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
The few YouTube video ride alongs of the Pro seem to indicate that the Pro seats feel good and are comfy. I do not expect them to be Platinum comfy, but I think they will be suitable.

Nice thing about the SR, you are not going to be behind the wheel for more then a few hours before you have to charge.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

That's definitely true by calling it Vinyl. If they had called it "Vegan Leather" instead, it would be amazing that it was included on the pro...

The good news is that a heated seat retrofit isn't difficult to do. It's about half a day's worth of work to pull off seat covers and tap into the 12v for both seats for a first timer.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I'm just gonna take mine to the Asian lady from Fast n' Loud. Over the years, i learned a lot how Richard negotiates with her. So i'll try the same tactics to get mine wrapped in mink for $800.
Sponsored