First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
I think you need to slide it back an inch. I thought it was a little short too but the tailgate on this truck with the integrated step is pretty thick.
There would be a gap any further back.
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Some photos of the Retrax Pro XR and the tailgate seal. Dry as bone after a hard rain with strong winds... I am happy with my choice of bed covers.

Ford F-150 Tyger Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover IMG_5582.JPG

Ford F-150 Tyger Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover IMG_5584.JPG

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I was looking at the Tyger T1 roll up cover myself. I didn't know the Tyger tri-fold looked nearly the same!

ivorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT 302
Isn’t the 2021 5ft7in bed? Not all the seals made contact with front and back.
I'm not sure? I thought I remember there being a CAD drawing of the truck bed relapsed from ford showing all the difference to the bed, rails, wheel wells etc. I think it was for accessory manufacturers to modify their products? I can't find that post now, not even sure if it was on this forum.

Edit: It looks like the interior length didn't change. The box interior length dimension at top is listed as 65.4" for the 5.5' and 77.2" for the 6.5' box on both the MY2015 and MY2021. The lip on the tailgate did get longer though so the cover would look shorter?

Attachments

Last edited:

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
I'm not sure? I thought I remember there being a CAD drawing of the truck bed relapsed from ford showing all the difference to the bed, rails, wheel wells etc. I think it was for accessory manufacturers to modify their products? I can't find that post now, not even sure if it was on this forum.

Edit: It looks like the interior length didn't change. The box interior length dimension at top is listed as 65.4" for the 5.5' and 77.2" for the 6.5' box on both the MY2015 and MY2021. The lip on the tailgate did get longer though so the cover would look shorter?
It seems your right the interior size is the same. That cover was just too small. Only one of the gaskets would touch the front and back rail. I looked at more of the Amazon reviews and a lot are the cover being about one inch to small for even the older generations

Sponsored

ivorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT 302
It seems your right the interior size is the same. That cover was just too small. Only one of the gaskets would touch the front and back rail. I looked at more of the Amazon reviews and a lot are the cover being about one inch to small for even the older generations
Strange...I'd like to know how the fit is because I was planning on ordering a T3. Hopefully they aren't all short.

OP
OP
cakryg

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
My gaskets touch the inner edge of the front and tail of the bed. There isn't much tolerance for overlap. I'm waiting for the caps to be made available so if this lasts a couple years its a bargain.

fourZero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I got this and returned it, poor fitment and it was fluttering around a bit at highway speed.
Sponsored