"Trailer Brake Module Fault" Message Won't Go Away

Rah150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Happened to me today. 23 PB. Pulled out 91 fuse looked fine put it back in. Error and fast turn signal went away. Also pushed in a lot of the fuses which did seem not fully set.
Sponsored

Eck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB; 2012 F150 XLT
Same happened to me with error code and rapid blinkers- thanks everyone for all of the info on this thread as I just pulled all fuses in the diagram Smitdog posted and reseated them- code went away on restart.

Blackhawk36

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Executive
I had this happen last week after hooking my old trailer up.
fast blink. Module fault warning on start. Also had no out put to trailer lights after it started.
i pulled the fuses i saw that said tow.
i kept updating this thread for new info.
Unplugged battery this morning.
everything still has power with the hybrid ??‍♂
Then i noticed the fuses at the top of thread.
i hadn’t seen #91 fuse.
i pulled it and it was blown.
i put a 20amp fuse from the aux port in there and all is back to normal.
I’m so glad. So i registered to let y’all know.
I had the exact same problem and the #91 fuse was blown. Changed and all good. My boat trailer is put into salt water a few times a year. One of my clearance lights corroded internally and shorted to ground. Trailer rewire is now on my list.

kman7799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I bought a 2023 Powerboost in February this year. I had the trailer brake module fault and fast turn signal happen after an OTA update in March. The module fault would only appear when I started the truck. I brought it to a dealer who told me the OTA update failed and caused the trailer brake module to fail. They updated the software manually and replaced the brake module.

Since then I've had a brake module fault appear twice, oddly when I was turning a corner. Tonight I received another OTA update and the same brake module fault and fast turn signal happened again. I removed and readded fuse #91. After that I started the truck. The fault didn't appear and fast turn signal went away. Thank you for posting that info!!!

I turned off automatic software updates. Now to test the brakes and lights on my trailer. Anyone else seeing this after an OTA update?
Sponsored