Tow Technology Package vs. Trailer Tow Package

tboger7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F-150 FX4
Occupation
Electrician
Has anybody found any mechanical difference between the two?

I have an order in for the 402A package which already includes the tow tech, but like I’ve read on another thread, doesn’t seem to offer anything more than already comes standard besides the dollar signs.

I’ve tried asking the dealer and Ford customer service and nobody has been able to give me a solid answer. One dealer thought the trailer tow added a bigger rad and aux trans cooler, but he didn’t sound 100%.

Does anybody have the 402A high with or without the Trailer tow that could take a look and see if there’s an aux cooler at least? Like the other thread said, I’d hate to pay an extra $1000 for a sticker.

Also, being that adding the trailer tow deletes the tow tech package, I’m thinking maybe it was an option for the 400A or 401A to add one or the other? But if you click the info for the tow tech on the website it states, “requires trailer tow package on

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I feel like I’m going in circles trying to figure out what the actual difference is.

Any help or input is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Very confusing but we do know that the bars are the same on the 21's. It's buried in these towing threads somewhere. Wish someone from Ford would chime in here.

OP
OP

tboger7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F-150 FX4
Occupation
Electrician
Much appreciated. Seems insane that a solid stabilizer bar and a slightly larger rad with more fins = ~4000lb more towing capacity, but ok. Like everybody else said, I just wish Ford would clearly define EVERYTHING in the package rather than making us cypher through chart after chart.

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I'm pretty sure the Tow Technology Package also includes the 360-degree camera, and the Trailer Tow Package does not.

-SG