Sponsored

Value of Trailer tow package on Tremor

LeadfootTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Hey Guys,

I placed an order on my Tremor about two weeks ago at this point. Wondering if I made a mistake going for the trailer tow package since it appears everything is included in within the Class IV hitch and tow tech with the exception of the "tailgate LED". It doesn't seem to make sense to spend 1k for a tailgate LED if I am looking at this correctly

Class IV Trailer Hitch Includes:
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-pin-to-4-pin Adapter
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

Tow Tech package Includes:
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist
• 360-Degree Camera
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

VERSUS

Trailer Tow Package Includes (costs 1k):
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High.
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available
Sponsored

OP
OP

LeadfootTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Seems like an expensive sticker to me but I do need to be certain I have the max towing available though.

Which way did you end up going? I have been contemplating adding the tow package to my order, but I just don’t have the need for the increased weight limit. I liked the idea of the tailgate led and thought the tow tech package didn’t have it, but just found this chart which shows the tow tech (17t) package has the led.

Ford F-150 Value of Trailer tow package on Tremor EF93834A-0DFC-4CE5-A6E8-67065746FD88

OP
OP

LeadfootTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Which way did you end up going? I have been contemplating adding the tow package to my order, but I just don’t have the need for the increased weight limit. I liked the idea of the tailgate led and thought the tow tech package didn’t have it, but just found this chart which shows the tow tech (17t) package has the led.

EF93834A-0DFC-4CE5-A6E8-67065746FD88.png
I just decided to leave it on even though it doesn’t appear to add anything. I need the most towing Available

Sponsored

nbaylot46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Hey Guys,

I placed an order on my Tremor about two weeks ago at this point. Wondering if I made a mistake going for the trailer tow package since it appears everything is included in within the Class IV hitch and tow tech with the exception of the "tailgate LED". It doesn't seem to make sense to spend 1k for a tailgate LED if I am looking at this correctly

Class IV Trailer Hitch Includes:
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

Tow Tech package Includes:
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist
• 360-Degree Camera
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

VERSUS

Trailer Tow Package Includes (costs 1k):
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High.
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available

I'm pretty sure since Tremor is a level higher than the Lariat, it has the tailgate LED. My dealer said everything is the same and they don't know why there is a Trailer Tow package.

also, talked with Ford marketing about this issue and we could see no difference as our tremor with the high package comes with everything (trailer tech, 3.73 gears, class IV hitch, larger rear end, bliss, trailer controller, 360 camera, pro assist, tailgate led (tremor is higher than lariat)) looks like the trailer tow package might be glitched and won’t revert price if selected like max tow vs trailer tow package on lariat.

Last edited:

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds to me like someone needs to get this fixed before they start scheduling orders next week Thursday. That's a lot of money to be screwing people out of IF they don't need to pay an extra $1,090

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
I emailed my dealer asking them to please explain and list out what the trailer tow package adds over the 402A/tow tech package. I'll update with the response.

thomps33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Pretty sure you need the trailer tow package to get the higher tow rating on the Tremor. The only difference I could find is a large cooling system, which is disappointing.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pretty sure you need the trailer tow package to get the higher tow rating on the Tremor. The only difference I could find is a large cooling system, which is disappointing.
That's what everything shows, but it doesn't say why.

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I’ve done a lot of research on this because it’s a similar story with the Powerboost where the truck already has everything in the trailer tow package. From all I can tell, you’re paying for 1,000 for a sticker that says you can tow 10,900 lbs. Without it, you’re limited for no other reason than the sticker…but if you’re in an accident while towing you’re not gonna be able to argue “oh I know it says 7000 but really it has all the parts for 10,900.” I wish Ford would’ve made it more clear…

WhiteyTremor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford focus, Gen1 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
First responder
Most helpful response ever? It's becoming painfully clear that we have more combined knowledge than the dealers. Response to my email asking for a detailed list as to what the trailer tow package adds OVER the 402A/tow tech package.
1628546332641.png
I feel like I just had a stroke reading that

nbaylot46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
I’ve done a lot of research on this because it’s a similar story with the Powerboost where the truck already has everything in the trailer tow package. From all I can tell, you’re paying for 1,000 for a sticker that says you can tow 10,900 lbs. Without it, you’re limited for no other reason than the sticker…but if you’re in an accident while towing you’re not gonna be able to argue “oh I know it says 7000 but really it has all the parts for 10,900.” I wish Ford would’ve made it more clear…
I don't want to start a sticker payload war but that just doesn't happen according to my friends in state police and a lawyer. I also work in bridge rating and we do overload and superload weights on vehicles in excess of a million pounds. DOT's only care about axle rating and tires and that's the same as the troopers. Think about it, to get payload number, the trooper would have to weigh every person in the truck, the cargo in the truck, unhook the trailer, and figure out all weight distributions. Most instances of people getting pulled over is because they are towing a very large fifth wheel on a half ton and it's squatting a ton and the tires look to be less than 10ply.

tboger7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F-150 FX4
Occupation
Electrician
Anybody have any updates on this? I’m ordering a 22 today after work. From what I’ve read and have gathered, the “trailer tow” package on a 402A would only have a larger cooling system? Not sure if that extra liter would be an external tranny cooler or just a bigger rad core? I emailed the dealer after reading around last night but haven’t heard anything back yet.
Sponsored