• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Canada Thinking about this winter tire set for 2023 F150

cruise_control

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 LARIAT POWERBOOST
Hello folks!

This is my first time owing a truck (2023 Lariat Sport pkg), I have been reading a lot about tire sizes, clearance, lift kits, leveling kits etc...

I live in Alberta, and we do get some nasty wintery days here and was thinking that the 4x4 won't help with stop times...

Anyways, my truck came with stock 20" 275/60R20 Dynapro's and I was thinking about buying a second set of tires/wheels for winter driving.

I came accros this set:

Blizzak LT - LT275/70R18
Fast Wheels Storm II - Gunmetal - 18" x 7.5"

The reason I was thinking about this tire specifically is the ratio difference between stock and the Blizzak LT would be around 0.5% meaning I wouldn't really bother updating computers for the new tire size.

That being said, never drove LT tires before and I was concerned about how harsh the drive would be, also pressure since door says 36psi for the stock tires, I would imagine it would be different for the LT tires.

What do you guys run for winters? Have you sized down? Do you care at all about tire size difference between stock and winters?
Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I run the same standard size as whatever the 17” rim is. I’m using Firestone winter force tires and they are basically tank treads I have plowed through 12” of uncleared drive several times and never got stuck.

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’m also using the Firestone Winterforce 2 UV studded tires. I’m getting ready to put them back on for this winter. At low speed the studs are fairly noisy and if you have to rapidly accelerate from a stop, they tend to break free.
I think they make a moderate difference over the all season tires.
I use the same size tires and follow the tire pressure recommendations on the door plate sticker.

Last edited:

plannersteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Skier and Fisherman
Do your Hankook Dynapro AT2 have the three peak mountain snowflake symbol? If so, then you might just be fine with those. I have used 3PMSF tires on my Canyon here in North Idaho and handled snowy conditions and stopping just fine. Noticeably better stopping than the tires that were on the Canyon when I bought it. Worked well on a couple of snowy trips up to Revelstoke also.
Now I have a 2023 Platinum Powerboost with the Hankook Dynapro AT2 that look like this picture. No 3PMSF. I may just run them this winter anyway. Used to be you needed 3PMSF tires with 4 wheel drive in the states to avoid chaining up, but now most laws just say M+S tires and 4 wheel drive. I don't plan to do any winter off road stuff.

Ford F-150 Thinking about this winter tire set for 2023 F150 20231020_091639

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you can afford it, pick up a set of factory takeoff wheels and have the tires mounted on them. It will save money in the long run by swapping them out yourself. Also, be aware that some of the winter tires are directional, so you can’t rotate them from side to side.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have 20s and travel to northern Ontario often looking for snow (snowmobiling). I worked out a decent deal with local shop for wheels and snows. Put the snows on factory wheels and the summer tires on new. Always used blizzaks on my suv, but decided to go different route with the truck. Went with Cooper Snowclaws, 2 winters in and super happy with them, no concerns even towing the sleds. Love the snow and patiently waiting for first good dump here in Ontario

Ford F-150 Thinking about this winter tire set for 2023 F150 Screenshot_20220121-210206_Gallery

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Look into Nokian tires as well. It's a Finnish company, so they know a thing or two about nasty winter weather!

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I use Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2 on our F150. Mounted on Replika wheels that resemble past year F150s along with new factory TPMS sensors. Very happy with them.

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Just put Falken Wildpeak ATW3 LT285/R20 on my F150, using the factory rims with TPMS sensors. I wanted a winter tire that was good in all terrain, and since we only get about 4 ish months (Oct 1, to April 30 winter tires required, so put on mid Sept and take off in May) where we can leave off the winter rated tires figured I would go with ones that would handle year round driving.

I have no problem with the LT tire and find they ride very similar to the P rated tires, but are 10 ply and rated for better load.

Blizzak or Nokian Hakkepalita tires will handle the winter roads really well, ran Nokians for years on my trucks, but really do not like the summer heat and wear really fast
Ford F-150 Thinking about this winter tire set for 2023 F150 IMG_20231010_094330

plannersteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Skier and Fisherman
I have 20s and travel to northern Ontario often looking for snow (snowmobiling). I worked out a decent deal with local shop for wheels and snows. Put the snows on factory wheels and the summer tires on new. Always used blizzaks on my suv, but decided to go different route with the truck. Went with Cooper Snowclaws, 2 winters in and super happy with them, no concerns even towing the sleds. Love the snow and patiently waiting for first good dump here in Ontario

Screenshot_20220121-210206_Gallery.jpg
You've had those a while. How is the noise level in the summer? I had the Cooper AT3 4S on previous truck. Loved them for first 30,000 miles, then they howled terrible at 45-55 mph. Had to remove them before the end of life because I couldn't stand the noise.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You've had those a while. How is the noise level in the summer? I had the Cooper AT3 4S on previous truck. Loved them for first 30,000 miles, then they howled terrible at 45-55 mph. Had to remove them before the end of life because I couldn't stand the noise.
Cooper snowclaw are only a winter tire, have not had any issues with noise. Still running the scorpions in the summer. I will be looking for new summer tires in the spring.

Ford F-150 Thinking about this winter tire set for 2023 F150 20220802_194828

ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, Powerboost Hybrid
I currently run 275/60 R20 all terrain tires (with the 3PMS) rating. With a recent move to Montana I've decided to order a set of studded snow tires in 275/70 R18, General Grabber Arctic LT (load range E) mounted on alloy AMR wheels. Obviously, I'm hoping that the added weight and plys dont screw up the ride too much.... I'll report back what I think after they are installed in a few weeks.
Sponsored