First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Sales
This is just a proof of concept post and to see if anyone needs the encouragement. I looked long and hard and found plenty of people posting asking about it but no examples of it actually being done - the STX to XLT grille swap. I bought an OEM 2021 STX grille from a dealer (comes primed from the factory) for around $600 and had it painted agate black to match my truck for $250. The dealer I bought it from and the paint shop both gave me a hard time since it was "incompatible". I'm glad they didn't scare me off because the job was simple, plenty of videos of the grille being removed and if you follow them you will succeed. The grilles are 100% interchangeable with no modification required. (p.s. if anyone wants the grille I'm in SC and willing to sell/ship)

Another part I'll mention since I did it during the grille replacement was fitting the black appearance package OEM Ford badge pictured. It's technically for a 2020, but I can tell you if you are even remotely handy it is an easy retrofit. The only fitment difference is behind the badge where the front camera sits, I had to glue it in place in the actual emblem so it's seated correctly and there's no difference from factory. I'm impatient, who knows how long before the 2022 BAP badges will be available lol

91EDD695-4C4E-4E32-A6B5-BE9C10664CE4.jpeg

8444C7F4-68AB-4A3E-9C86-C40174FC3A70.jpeg

I am interested. What $ are you asking?

Je.Bedard

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost 2022
Occupation
Retired
Looks good, Yes, the STX to XLT has been done on videos, weird the dealer didnt know that.

So those are the black emblems, they fit front and rear, no issues?
Anybody has the link of those video ?

thanks

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Anybody has the link of those video ?

thanks
should be exact grill, Youtube Wild Willies, alot of theirs they add the STX grill.

Sponsored

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Any of of the F150 grills are swapable for any given year.

Its not like ford uses 20 different front clips for each model.
I have a 2023 Platinum with the BAP on order. So, I should be able to swap the BAP grill out for the STX grill? Do they only come primed? Can you order it already painted black and just clip it on?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I have a 2023 Platinum with the BAP on order. So, I should be able to swap the BAP grill out for the STX grill? Do they only come primed? Can you order it already painted black and just clip it on?
The grill itself is painted black, it's the surround parts that are primed so that they can be paint matched. The surround pieces can be removed.

I'd fix your Ford badge too at the same time. You have no use for the rear one in this kit...
https://accessories.ford.com/products/2021-2022-f-150-black-oval-kit-with-camera

Lench_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
This is just a proof of concept post and to see if anyone needs the encouragement. I looked long and hard and found plenty of people posting asking about it but no examples of it actually being done - the STX to XLT grille swap. I bought an OEM 2021 STX grille from a dealer (comes primed from the factory) for around $600 and had it painted agate black to match my truck for $250. The dealer I bought it from and the paint shop both gave me a hard time since it was "incompatible". I'm glad they didn't scare me off because the job was simple, plenty of videos of the grille being removed and if you follow them you will succeed. The grilles are 100% interchangeable with no modification required. (p.s. if anyone wants the grille I'm in SC and willing to sell/ship)

Another part I'll mention since I did it during the grille replacement was fitting the black appearance package OEM Ford badge pictured. It's technically for a 2020, but I can tell you if you are even remotely handy it is an easy retrofit. The only fitment difference is behind the badge where the front camera sits, I had to glue it in place in the actual emblem so it's seated correctly and there's no difference from factory. I'm impatient, who knows how long before the 2022 BAP badges will be available lol

91EDD695-4C4E-4E32-A6B5-BE9C10664CE4.jpeg

8444C7F4-68AB-4A3E-9C86-C40174FC3A70.jpeg
What was the part #

MCB129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does the front black Ford emblem you added come with the square washer cover if you have the front camera but no washer?
Sponsored