Stepping out of truck while running

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
I have a question that someone might be able to answer... or point me in the right direction if already answered. I have an XLT 302a PB on order.

Every day when I arrive at work, I need to get out of the truck, disable the alarm and unlock a gate... With the pushbutton start, am I able to exit the truck with it still running (taking the keys with me to unlock the gate) , do what I need to do return and continue driving without shutting the truck off/restarting it every time?

In the summer, it’s not an issue but when it is -40 out, I would really like to keep the heat going in the cab.

thoughts?
Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
You can absolutely do that. If you have the door code lock you can leave the truck running and lock it while you have your key on you as well. The only problem you'll have is when you leave the truck running, close the door, and take the key with you it will beep fairly loudly. You can use forscan to disable the beep but it is annoying and lots of people on here complain about it.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Yup just like @spud_41 said...you can, but it will annoying honk 2x at you. You can lightly 1/2 latch the driver door and not make it honk, but its not consistent behavior.

OP
OP

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
You can absolutely do that. If you have the door code lock you can leave the truck running and lock it while you have your key on you as well. The only problem you'll have is when you leave the truck running, close the door, and take the key with you it will beep fairly loudly. You can use forscan to disable the beep but it is annoying and lots of people on here complain about it.
Perfect ?
Sponsored