Sponsored

Severely mistreated, criminally insulted, completely frustrated- an update to my saga

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I had many of the same issues - similar script - multiple service trips, Job 1 PowerBoost in the shop for two months, updates never stuck or operated correctly. The Ford customer care rep also suggested initiating a buyback and I was close to doing so in July when my new Lighting came in. The original selling dealer offered me such a great trade in price that I just gave them the truck back that way. It still isn't updated and BlueCruise does not work, but it's for sale on their lot.

Blue Cruise works great on my New Platinum Lightning, and knock wood, no issues in 2,000 miles so far, except one incorrectly attached driver's seat wire. Sorry you are going through this, but if I were you, I'd take the buyback. A new truck solves everything, glad to have the PB in the rearview mirror.
Sponsored

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
I would just go the GM and ask what kind of deal he will make you on a 22 or 23 because you cannot drive your new truck and go from there, you might be surprised~~

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I didn't read the original. But, did read this all the way through.

It is like reading through all of the bad threads on the forum at once.

The 'script' is crazy and accurate!

I would absolutely send your transcript along with both links here to the same email list you did before.

They need to understand people are watching. And not just from the items that hit the news. These are real people with real issues. Most really want them FIXED and don't want to do a buy back! These people own vehicles that they want to drive/use!

And, I gotta say the 'Karen' had me rolling. It is unfortunate that she started good and ended up ... well ... you know!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I think it is pretty apparent that Karen was rude because she didn't want to give up the sex photos. :ROFLMAO:

Ford F-150 Severely mistreated, criminally insulted, completely frustrated- an update to my saga 1660950818392

In all seriousness, this really sucks what you're dealing with. :(

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F-150 Powerboost
Thanks. It’s really wild that this happens but there’s really no one to hold them accountable. Hopefully they can make some progress this weekend…

Sponsored

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it is pretty apparent that Karen was rude because she didn't want to give up the sex photos. :ROFLMAO:

1660950818392.png

In all seriousness, this really sucks what you're dealing with. :(

Haha lol. The sex photo things is a reference to something that happened earlier on. The dealer that sold me the truck thought it would be funny to sign me up to receive sex text messages. So now I get penis pics sent to my phone randomly…

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had many of the same issues - similar script - multiple service trips, Job 1 PowerBoost in the shop for two months, updates never stuck or operated correctly. The Ford customer care rep also suggested initiating a buyback and I was close to doing so in July when my new Lighting came in. The original selling dealer offered me such a great trade in price that I just gave them the truck back that way. It still isn't updated and BlueCruise does not work, but it's for sale on their lot.

Blue Cruise works great on my New Platinum Lightning, and knock wood, no issues in 2,000 miles so far, except one incorrectly attached driver's seat wire. Sorry you are going through this, but if I were you, I'd take the buyback. A new truck solves everything, glad to have the PB in the rearview mirror.
I’m addition to the new F150 I also have a 2019 Navigator L that has been in the shop for the last month getting the cam phaser replacement. How Ford can just manufacture and sell defective vehicles is beyond me. They knew the cam phasers were an issue. They used the same engine in the raptor and knew of the issues. I really wish I could just return the truck and get my money back. Between the Navigator and the F150 I’m into Ford for 200gs and I have neither car.

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't read the original. But, did read this all the way through.

It is like reading through all of the bad threads on the forum at once.

The 'script' is crazy and accurate!

I would absolutely send your transcript along with both links here to the same email list you did before.

They need to understand people are watching. And not just from the items that hit the news. These are real people with real issues. Most really want them FIXED and don't want to do a buy back! These people own vehicles that they want to drive/use!

And, I gotta say the 'Karen' had me rolling. It is unfortunate that she started good and ended up ... well ... you know!
I really don’t blame individual SM for not following forum advice. Their peers would laugh them out of the industry. I do fault Ford. They’re on this message board and their engineers should disseminate the knowledge.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer programmer
I really don’t blame individual SM for not following forum advice. Their peers would laugh them out of the industry. I do fault Ford. They’re on this message board and their engineers should disseminate the knowledge.
Totally agree!

Except to think the Ford folks on this board are engineers. I'd expect them to be PR.

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would just go the GM and ask what kind of deal he will make you on a 22 or 23 because you cannot drive your new truck and go from there, you might be surprised~~
Between this new truck and my Navigator I’m into Ford for 200gs and they won’t give me the time of day. I really wish I could just be done with Ford all together.

Sponsored

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truly unbelievable except it isnt.
Blows me away… I’ve had Fords, Chevys, Jeeps, Dodges, Rams, Audi, and Mercedes and while they all have their pluses and minuses none of been down right abusive aside from Ford.

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Totally agree!

Except to think the Ford folks on this board are engineers. I'd expect them to be PR.
Yeah true but I guess I’d assume someone monitoring would flag issues, fixes, etc to move beyond the PR team. Based on the BCM saga we can see they don’t beta test updates. You’d think they’d at least be smart enough to monitor the vocal drivers on these message boards to try to flag early issues.

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I read both of your entire posts and can't believe this!

Almost makes me want to cancel my order!
I also have a Navigator and it’s been in the shop multiple weeks as well. There are happy Ford drivers out there so take it for what you will but I will NEVER purchase another Ford product.

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100%!!

AND lawyer up. That's the only language these corporations understand.

Also - @Ford Motor Company , are you going to ask @OP for his VIN so you can assist?!
I’ve posted my issues a few times. The Ford rep has not once offered help. I know they’re useless anyway from everyone else’s feedback but you’d think for PR purposes at least they’d have at least posted their standard send me your vin message.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer programmer
Yeah true but I guess I’d assume someone monitoring would flag issues, fixes, etc to move beyond the PR team. Based on the BCM saga we can see they don’t beta test updates. You’d think they’d at least be smart enough to monitor the vocal drivers on these message boards to try to flag early issues.
I understand what you want the Ford folks to be and do.

But, the constant "Give me your VIN and dealer info" makes me think they are far from the problem solvers that need to be in here.
Sponsored