Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Is there a temperature these should be installed at?

Do these have the self healing properties?
majority of PPF have "self healing" property. as for temperature it does not matter as long as you have good slip solution and squeegee abilities.
i hope what i said makes sense..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
I'd like to see how these match up to the OCDplug ones. I'm pretty disappointed in the fit on the OCDplug ones (gaps on all side pretty much). I'm probably going to try to just throw some satin vinyl on the pillars and see how that turns out.
Shoot me a DM and I can get you a good price. I would love to see how ours match up as well and I am confident that they fit perfectly. We use 3D scanning to make sure all of our patterns are within 1mm of the edge.
We also have a satin film if you would like to try that out. It isn't listed on the site though so I would need to create a custom order for you

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
same concept here.. except the edges and trimming of the PPF looked like dog sh*t. no such thing as perfect when it comes to PPF on the B pillars truthfully speaking.
Try ours and maybe, just maybe, you'll change your mind

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
Is there a temperature these should be installed at?

Do these have the self healing properties?
Below is from our installation instructions for the screens but the concept is pretty much the same. Room temp is ideal and using warm water will give you more time to slide things around and make sure everything is in place.

Hot Weather- Screens need to be cool to the touch, vehicle parked out of direct sunlight for 24 hours after installation and with windows cracked if outside.

Cold Weather- Warm the vehicle up to 70 degrees and turn off fans before installation. If the film is brought to this temperature as well, it will be more flexible and can lay down over more curved areas better.

⭐ After 24-48 hours, film should be mostly cured and any remaining haziness or bubbles smaller than a dime will diminish within a few days.

⭐ Working outside during daylight hours, and even with a headlamp, will give the best visibility for spotting remaining dust and imperfections in the installation so you can correct before the film starts to cure.

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
I bought (EDIT: theocdplug version, not @Screen Protech ) and lining up the number pad offsets the rest of the film. Out of the 4 pillars, 1 was acceptable. The other 3 can see gaps, and i sprayed the hell out of all sides with soapy water. No matter how I moved the film, there were still gaps.
I bought the same....only the number pad portion is off a bit.
Sort of annoying but so are the nasty swirls without it.

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
I bought the same....only the number pad portion is off a bit.
Sort of annoying but so are the nasty swirls without it.
We haven't had any complaints about our pattern being off and the ability to recondition and cover those swirl marks is the best thing about the pillar protection

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew 5.0 Space White
Occupation
Firefighter
I installed it today. There are bubbles. Im waiting a couple days to see how it turns out. Was easy to install, but the bubbles and haziness is not ideal. Ill wait before making my decision to keep it on or tear it off. The scratches are easier to polish out anyway.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
We haven't had any complaints about our pattern being off and the ability to recondition and cover those swirl marks is the best thing about the pillar protection
I’m willing to try your product. I have no prior experience with vehicle applications. But I do know that my B pillars gloss was swirled just by looking at it. I’ll even make a video of the installation.

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
I installed it today. There are bubbles. Im waiting a couple days to see how it turns out. Was easy to install, but the bubbles and haziness is not ideal. Ill wait before making my decision to keep it on or tear it off. The scratches are easier to polish out anyway.
Bubbles and haziness are normal for the first couple days after the install, depending on the weather. They will all fade as the moisture evaporates, similar to tint. Unless there is any dirt or dust trapped under the film.
If not, then within a few days I am positive it will all clear up and look incredible!

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
I’m willing to try your product. I have no prior experience with vehicle applications. But I do know that my B pillars gloss was swirled just by looking at it. I’ll even make a video of the installation.
The gloss piano black pillars swirl INSANELY easily. I will DM you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.