Sponsored

Rear sliding window doesn't open all the way (initially)

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
When I open my rear sliding window, it stops about 2-3" from the end. Another touch on the switch slides it all the way.
Is this by design, and if so - why (if anyone knows what's the logic)? The only reason I could think of is that when it's not open all the way, you can see that it's open when you leave the truck so you won't forget it open :D , but that's probably not why it's doing it if it is indeed by design.
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine only moves when I hold down the switch. It stops wherever it is when I stop pressing the switch.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine only moves when I hold down the switch. It stops wherever it is when I stop pressing the switch.
Thanks, but that's not what I asked.
When you hold the switch - and continue to hold it - to open the window, where will the window stops, at the far end or a few inches before it reaches the end?

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It opens all the way the first time.

Thank you @Blueshound .

Can others please confirm?

To recap what my situation is:
I press and hold the button to open rear sliding window until the window stops. When the window stops, it has not reached the end yet. I then need to release the button and press it again and this time it will proceed the remaining few inches and open all the way.

Thanks.