Sponsored

Putco Virtual DRL Blade LED Grille Light Bar Installation Question 2022 Ford F150 Lariat

tinymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Hello,

I want to install the Putco Virtual DRL Blade LED Grille Light Bar on my 2022 Ford F150 Lariat and I'm looking for assistance with finding the correct fuse to use an add a circuit with. I'm trying to find a switched fuse for this installation.

Could someone please advise? The PDF for this product is attached.

https://www.putco.com/product/virtual-blades/
Sponsored

Attachments

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Just use a test light or multimeter. If you're looking for a HOT circuit, have the key off, touch the metal contacts on top of the fuse. When your tester lights up you've found a HOT wire. Be sure to test both sides of the fuse. The circuits that didn't light up will be SWITCHED circuits.

Doesn't Putco have a plug in play harness? I thought they did. You shouldn't have to tap any fuses.

OP
OP

tinymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Just use a test light or multimeter. If you're looking for a HOT circuit, have the key off, touch the metal contacts on top of the fuse. When your tester lights up you've found a HOT wire. Be sure to test both sides of the fuse. The circuits that didn't light up will be SWITCHED circuits.

Doesn't Putco have a plug in play harness? I thought they did. You shouldn't have to tap any fuses.
Thanks. They have plug-and-play for the tailgate led but not for the front grill.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Thanks. They have plug-and-play for the tailgate led but not for the front grill.
Weird, they have a plug and play for the front emblem as well. I just bought the front emblem and passed on theb$50 harness since I was connecting mine to an up fitter switch. With that said, I'd assume you can follow the instructions for the led front emblem and tap the same fuse they recommend for the front emblem. It's all low voltage LED's.

9:12 is when they point out using a 10 Amp fuse, #18 on that truck.

OP
OP

tinymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Got it installed and working good. Now my SWITCH ASY - SOLENOID CONTROL the switch that starts the truck has to be replaced. The dealership determined it was bad but they are on nationwide back order. However, I found a dealer in MO that had one. I will have it Monday. Does anyone know if it has to be programmed? The switch is play and play.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Does anyone know if it has to be programmed?
FWIW the Workshop Manual section for R&R of the push-to-start button / switch itself makes no mention of any required programming when the switch is replaced.

IF programming, calibration, etc is required when a given component is replaced the WSM invariably makes reference to that in the R&R section for that given component, so absent that mention I believe you'll be good to go with plug-and-play.

(The PATS stuff that senses / is programmed to your fob and allows that button to actually start the vehicle is a totally separate set of sensors and modules)

Good luck.

Mseepman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Tinymac could you post pics of how you mounted the Putco? I have the same truck but grill appears a lot harder to mount to than the XLT videos I saw.

Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
It looks like there’s a clip right in the middle. Do you need to use the clip in the middle to mount it? To me the clip just looks like it breaks the flow of the light bar.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 501Avalanche
Hey @tinymac, I'm looking into these LED lights too. Are yours the 32" ones? Trying to see if I can fit the 37" ones on there.
Sponsored