Truck stuck at Dealer for updates

Nighsight

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Hey all. My truck has now been at the dealer for 4 days just for them to fix the OTA updates. It seems like they do not know what they are doing. The last message that I got from them is that they are waiting on authorization from Ford to do updates. Has anyone run into this? If they update all of the modules independently, will that fix my problems or possibly screw things up more? So frustrated. I'de take it to another dealer but most don't pickup the phone to make an appointment. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Mine has been in 3 times for it, the first time I think it was a recall that was suppose to fix it (I may be wrong), but since the first time, I can't schedule them. I put in the schedule of when I want it to check, turn off the truck (open the door), turn it back on and the schedule is gone.

Automatic updates are grayed out. The second time, they said they had to talk to Ford engineers, and would call me back... 5 weeks later (my fault for waiting that long I guess), I called them.

Monday of this week was the 3rd time I had brought it in for this, and they said they got 3 updates installed and it would be updating now fine over wifi (funny thought it did it over a modem), but doesn't matter, same issue... but my dealership never seem to want to keep it overnight, probably because of my ESP and rental vehicle.

Good luck!

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Join the club. My truck is 18 months old and never updated. Had all kinds of electrical problems, last dealer visit they replaced the battery and that helped some. They also ordered an APIM to fix the updates not occurring, after waiting a month for the part they called and said bring it in. So this past Tuesday I stopped by in the afternoon and they got it right in, swapped the APIM and started the 13 module updates waiting for download. They got a few updates done then it keep freezing, tried many times and nothing. The next morning they contacted Ford and they said the system is down and they are short handed and not sure when it will be back up. I picked up the truck and now have more problems, the dealer said we will call you when Ford figures this out. Im glad this POS is a lease and dont have much faith it will ever be 100%

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Join the club. My truck is 18 months old and never updated. Had all kinds of electrical problems, last dealer visit they replaced the battery and that helped some. They also ordered an APIM to fix the updates not occurring, after waiting a month for the part they called and said bring it in. So this past Tuesday I stopped by in the afternoon and they got it right in, swapped the APIM and started the 13 module updates waiting for download. They got a few updates done then it keep freezing, tried many times and nothing. The next morning they contacted Ford and they said the system is down and they are short handed and not sure when it will be back up. I picked up the truck and now have more problems, the dealer said we will call you when Ford figures this out. Im glad this POS is a lease and dont have much faith it will ever be 100%
That sucks man. Pretty sure it’s the dealership that sucks in your case. Especially when they say that they’ll ‘call you when Ford figures it out.’ You should have one of the guys in the FDRS or VIN lookup thread look at your history. Fords system logs every click the tech or user does.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Seems like many more horror stories from owners trying to get updates from their dealership compared to those who apply the updates themselves. Glad I went the DIY route.
Sponsored

Last edited: