Sponsored

OHM ratings for the B&O door speakers?

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Does anybody know the OHM ratings for the B&O door speakers? I am looking to replace the factory ones and want to match them accordingly. TIA!
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
any good fitting bracket recommendations?
I used this kit from Amazon for the fronts and everything lined up perfectly. Depending on where the terminals are on your chosen replacement speakers you may need to make or splice in jumpers for the wiring adapters in this kit to reach them. I had to do that with the Kickers I installed since the terminals are on the end and the access port is in the center.

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
I used this kit from Amazon for the fronts and everything lined up perfectly. Depending on where the terminals are on your chosen replacement speakers you may need to make or splice in jumpers for the wiring adapters in this kit to reach them. I had to do that with the Kickers I installed since the terminals are on the end and the access port is in the center.
did the rear brackets fit perfectly as well for you?

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I didn't use the ones with the kit from Amazon since I had used the ones from Crutchfield. They should work just fine, but I'll match them up with the OEM rears tonight to make sure the mounting holes line up and let you know.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
What speakers would you recommend to replace the B&O door speakers?
For OEM paper cones the stock B&O speakers are not bad, however just about any aftermarket speaker will provide an improvement in sound quality/clarity over OEM. As for which to pick? It's really a matter of personal preference and budget. I went with the Kicker CS and DS line because they work very well off factory head units that only have at best 20-30w peak per channel. With the B&O system you are easily double that at RMS wattage and that gives you many more options to choose from. Moving up to something more power hungry like Infinity Kappa's, Focal, or anything at that level is certainly do-able.

You can also simply try keeping the stock speakers and install sound deadening material in the doors behind the speakers as well as those foam baffle kits like the Road Kill speaker enhancement kits. It's something a lot of mid-high end car audio guys do to improve door speaker performance. When I installed the sound mat on my Ranger trying to reduce road noise the side-effect was it made such a significant improvement in the mid-bass on the B&O system with stock speakers. So much so I was satisfied with it and left them stock.
Sponsored