Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
i need some help deciding as i am new to the f150 scene

i have a 21 platinum with 20 inch wheels

in reading the tires are not great so considering changing them out

i have no problem doing wheels and tires if it makes sense just not sure what is the right choice

i am mostly highway/road driving 99% of time….

Looking to keep a good smooth and quiet highway ride

what tires Would be best for quality/handling and smoothness?

should i go up to 22 inch from the stock 20 inch size? Or keep stock wheels?

again , no issues replacing or lifting just dont want to loose a good ride as i will be driving it long distances at time..

thanks for the help
Sponsored

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
What tires are on there now? Unless you're off roading or just want to off load some money I personally would wear them out and save the money. I have the 20" wheels and Hankook AT2s. They're not great for off road and I want to change them eventually for a more aggressive/winter rated tire but they ride fine and quiet. I think most people will tell you a smaller diameter wheel will give you more sidewall and cushioning tires for a softer ride but I'm not sure if I can tell the difference on the road. Off road it will definitely give you more sidewall protection and makes sense. Side note...smaller wheels will give you more tire options.

Suga Sean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I swapped out for the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T Great looking tire with no road noise.

OP
OP

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My local shop recommended i go with 20x10 for the new wheels on the platinum 2021. Not sure what size is on it currently 20x9? Or 10?

thoughts ? Any downside? The only thing that has me thinking is the limited has ‘22 inch wheels…. But i dont want to have a rougher ride so that is influencing me to stick with 20….

they said i can go with a larger tire on the 20x10 when ready to replace the tires and it would look really good and stay 20 inch

help me decide please?

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
@Larryfl1 you’re not really giving us much to go on here. Do you dislike the way you’re current wheels look? What do you expect a new tire to do better? What type of climate do you live in? Do you want bigger and/or more aggressive tires? How much performance/comfort are you willing to sacrifice for looks or off-road performance?
Sponsored