First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
So I’ve been trying to figure out some little bugs I’ve had recently and see if they can be attributed to a battery or an OTA update.

Bug 1 - I used to be able to press the camera button to see the rear camera when I was in park or sitting at a light. I did use it for grocery pickups to make sure they closed the tail gate but now that function does not work. The camera does come on when I place the truck in reverse and when I press the button while moving it gives me the “safety feature” popup. This all started about the time I got the OTA for the full screen CarPlay.

Bug 2 - This was just recently, but my one touch up on the windows haven’t been working, though they used to.

Bug 3 - All the chimes and stuff rarely come through the speakers anymore, just from behind the cluster from the speaker there and the screen tells me it’s going in to power saving mode.

I figure it is the battery as it’s a 2021 with not even 12k miles. I have a company truck and my truck usually just sits in the garage for my work hitches (3 days working and 5 days working.). I do have a hard wired dash cam which I do have in parking mode (for when I do drive it somewhere with a parking lot) which kind of makes me almost 100% certain I could probably use a new battery here in the future.

I used to be able to drive it for a little while running errands on my first day off after a hitch, but now it seems like it’s just constantly in power saving mode.

Alternatively, would getting a battery charger/tender prolong the current life of the battery or should I just get a new one?
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
2021 are often mentioned as having issues with OEM batteries on here. Going with largest size battery that will fit can help.

Battery tender is a solution many use for not driving much. I would in your situation.

There are several updates to fix cameras after other updates broke the camera. Not sure if those apply in your case.