Sponsored

Multicontour massaging seats vs Lariat leather

PJinDaUP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Well, I’m putting together a build so I can order my truck. I’m super excited for it, but I am also agonizing over this decisions!
Unfortunately, Ford dealers nearby don’t have many for me to try as I live in a small rural area and will be ordering a high end truck. So I’m reaching out here.

I love the Lariat sport look. I much prefer it to the flashy looks of the higher models.. I can get ALMOST everything I want on it, except the multicontour seats. I have minor back issues, and my job is terrrible on my back, so good seats are important to me.

How much more comfortable to sit in, without the massager on, are the multicontour seats on the KR/Plat than the leather trimmed seats on the Lariat? For those of you who have the massage function, do you use it? Or is It more novelty than therapeutic?

I really don’t want all the bling.

Appreciate any input, as I’m not gonna be able to try them myself!
Sponsored

OP
OP

PJinDaUP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Interesting! I never would have guessed that. But, I could see how all of the mechanisms involved for those features would make the seats less “cushy”.
You said you “would always forget to turn them on”; did you mean that you drove your parents truck often and forgot? Or was that more a hypothetical “If I had them I think I’d forget?”

Appreciate the heads up on your seats, let me know.

Anyone else feel the massaging/lay flat seats are firmer than the alternatives?

I think the massaging function makes the seats firmer and stiffer. My parents have a platinum with fold flat/massaging seats and they are noticeably less comfortable than the cloth ones my brother's 2021 STX.

The massage feature is halfway between dumb and useful. It's sort of nice for reducing fatigue, but only is a lumbar massage back/butt massage and I would always forget to use it.

Totally with you on the bling.

My lariat arrives the next couple weeks. I will try and let you now how they are.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I test drove a Lariat and a Platinum back to back and I ordered the Platinum because of the seats. My wife uses the massage feature more than I do, but it is very nice. It was difficult to find a dealer that had both in stock in early January that allowed an extensive test drive. However, had the Lariat seats been more comfortable I would have probably ordered one and saved a few thousand!

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Get the massage seats. Well worth it if you drive distance. Easy to use. Just push center button on sear controls.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I have a Lariat Sport, and the seats are great!
Sponsored