Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2023 with the 3.5 and 1875 miles suddenly set a warning of low oil pressure yesterday. I had been running around town all morning then stopped for lunch. When I started up after lunch I got the oil pressure warning, and it also turned the check engine light on. I killed the motor and looked under the vehicle. No leaks. Started back up and and looked good for a few seconds, gauge and info screen, then it lit up again. Called dealership and after talking to the service writer made the drove it to the dealership, No bad noises or high temps, ran fine other than it had reduced power. Hope to find out Monday what the issue is. Has anyone here had a similar issue?
Good morning. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your oil pressure concerns on my end.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TX_Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Shelby GT 500, 2021 4 door Bronco, 2023 F150
Occupation
Real Estate and other Investments
Update.
When they went to pull it in to install the sensor the motor started knocking.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Update.
When they went to pull it in to install the sensor the motor started knocking.
That is not what you wanted to hear! Strange that you could drive it to the dealership, but when they went to pull it inside it started making noise.

OP
OP

TX_Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That is not what you wanted to hear! Strange that you could drive it to the dealership, but when they went to pull it inside it started making noise.
No joke. I talked to the service manager and a independent mechanic I know well and they both felt that it would be ok as it wasn't making any knocking or grinding noises. I hope they can get it replaced and back to me in a reasonable amount of time. I have not even made the first payment on it yet. (Edit) Just got another call back and they're saying it's the oil pump.

Last edited:

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
No joke. I talked to the service manager and a independent mechanic I know well and they both felt that it would be ok as it wasn't making any knocking or grinding noises. I hope they can get it replaced and back to me in a reasonable amount of time. I have not even made the first payment on it yet. (Edit) Just got another call back and they're saying it's the oil pump.
Keep your fingers crossed that there was no engine damage. As long as they shut it right down you may get lucky. If this was my truck and this is just my opinion, I would push for a new engine as you don't know the condition of the crank and rod bearings. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TX_Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bad sensor turned into an all new motor. Local dealership fixed it and back to me in 5 weeks. Thankful that they stepped up and rented a F150 for me to drive while mine was in the shop. Not the best situation but Pollard Ford did their best to make it as pain free as possible.

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.
Bad sensor turned into an all new motor. Local dealership fixed it and back to me in 5 weeks. Thankful that they stepped up and rented a F150 for me to drive while mine was in the shop. Not the best situation but Pollard Ford did their best to make it as pain free as possible.
Thats fantastic news, not the bad motor but that they took cars of you. Doesnt happen very often.
Sponsored